Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2007, 02:36 PM

Default Re: 20 on the button...worst limp, worst raise...

Blinds def matter, but without info..

Limp:

A2s, K2s, Q5s, J7s, T7s, 96s, 85s, 75s, 64s, 54s

A9o, KTo, QJo

Raise:

ATs, KTs, QJs

AJo, KQo

TT

My raising range is a lot wider from the CO.
Old 11-02-2007, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
since they are good players, and i assume they will play well post-flop, so all suited cons, pp, maybe 78o and 89o+

i wont raise any offsuit boardway tho, given the players and situation, i'll only riase kqs+, aqo+(aqo is close), and of coz j10s+ if i m feelin lucky !

if the blinds are loose, i might even limp with jj, but usually r jj+, tens are close, i might chose to limp with it

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the second post I've seen you advocate comming into post with medium unsuited connectors. Those hands are money losers in multiway limit holdem games. Not only that, they are very difficult to play when you flop a pair, two pair, and bottom straight draws.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Raise:

ATs, KTs, QJs

AJo, KQo

TT+

[/ QUOTE ]

If UTG is tight and plays very well pre-flop ATs is dominated by their range, even KQo is a bit suspect but I'd rather establish position with KQo and bypass ATs which really only has the suitedness working for itself unless UTG is limping in with a small pocket pair in a loose and passive game. I dont think the second player to act is as big a factor as the UTG player for what its worth.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

AMEN. ATs is a no-brainer now, A9s is close. I add 88 & 99 to the pairs without batting an eyelash.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Limp:

A9o, KTo, QJo

Raise:

ATs, KTs, QJs

AJo, KQo

TT

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm really surprised QJo is the worst unsuited connector you limp here
Old 11-03-2007, 02:40 AM

good meeting u barron, i talked to jfthomas, he said he wants to set something up heads up for old times sake. next time ur drinking.

brian
Old 11-03-2007, 02:47 AM

is this really what live games are like, the nittest bunch of guys ever. maybe i am missing something, and given i am used to agro 6 max and genearl sh games online, but if u can't play a huge range well in this spot i think there are major issues.
dave
Old 11-03-2007, 05:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
good meeting u barron, i talked to jfthomas, he said he wants to set something up heads up for old times sake. next time ur drinking.

brian

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, sounds like fun haha. i don't think i'd want to have fun at 50 or 1/2 with him. i just looked at my stats vs. him and i'm missinga ton of hands vs. him i'm sure but it looks to be above breakeven w/ him destroying me early on and then me recovering pretty steadily.

mal i'm down against lifetime.

but yea man, good meeting you...hopefully i'll be free & clear next time we meet. in fact, i'll be up there next week sometime and will definitely be staying the night. i'll give jeff a call when i know my schedule.

take care man and GL at the tables,
Barron
Old 11-03-2007, 05:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
is this really what live games are like, the nittest bunch of guys ever. maybe i am missing something, and given i am used to agro 6 max and genearl sh games online, but if u can't play a huge range well in this spot i think there are major issues.
dave

[/ QUOTE ]

i posted it specifically because there are 2 guys who are very very tight (the first one i only saw showdown 2 hands, AA and KK in 3 hrs and he barely played more than 5-10 hands in that time frame raising every one w/ the second guy being a bit looser but still not your average foxwoods player) and limping in from early position.

that is why i folded JTo, i couldn't see anything good coming of me flopping anything but the nuts lol (hyperbole)

Barron
Old 11-03-2007, 05:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Limp:

A9o, KTo, QJo

Raise:

ATs, KTs, QJs

AJo, KQo

TT

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks GoT. i bolded what i really wanted to concentrate on.

if i had KQo here i'd limp. assuming blinds are average and bb will not likely fold much seeing 3 limpers and a button raise and sb will fold probably 60% of the time to a raise (just a guess). building a big pot w/ that hand is not what i had in mind.

the suited connectors seem about right.

Barron
Old 11-03-2007, 06:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
since they are good players, and i assume they will play well post-flop, so all suited cons, pp, maybe 78o and 89o+

i wont raise any offsuit boardway tho, given the players and situation, i'll only riase kqs+, aqo+(aqo is close), and of coz j10s+ if i m feelin lucky !

if the blinds are loose, i might even limp with jj, but usually r jj+, tens are close, i might chose to limp with it

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the second post I've seen you advocate comming into post with medium unsuited connectors. Those hands are money losers in multiway limit holdem games. Not only that, they are very difficult to play when you flop a pair, two pair, and bottom straight draws.

[/ QUOTE ]

i play them cause i think i m the better player in the game, where i can fold top pair, use free card play, knock out players, no miss bet etc. obviously i am talking live game where ppl are gerenally bad , i think i can play them by giving up some post-flop edge, and max my win rate. in this situation, i rather have 67o then kto, since we kept the pot small, i can bet when i hav top pair on flop, a k fell and some1 bet, i can jus fold and not get suck in it. whereareas, kt off you flop top pair usually hav to check call 3 streets ? you are getting 6-7 to 1 odd with the blinds coming along !

i was just trying to said that more better you are, the more hands you can play. the more you opp suck, the more hands you can play. Yes, those hands are hard to play, but i still play them, just play better post-flop !