Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: 1 WR
Randy Moss @Seattle 3 27.27%
Lee Evans vs. GB 4 36.36%
Joe Horn @Tampa 4 36.36%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-16-2007, 12:58 AM

Default PokerFink\'s 2007 NFC Rankings (Week 6)

Disclaimer: My rankings are NOT a traditional power rankings. They are projective, meaning we are ranking based on where teams will finish. Rankings are done based on the playoff guidelines, meaning the division winners get the top four seeds. For a full explanation, please see this post. Also, when I list a team's NFL rank, it's based on DVOA unless otherwise noted.

</font>[/b]<font color="blue"> 1. DALLAS (5-1) </font><font color="red"> </font>: This wasn't about the AFC's superiority over the NFC. This was about New England's superiority over everyone. And they're taking no prisoners - with two minutes left and a big lead they're in shotgun, and with 25 seconds left they're pounding away and running up the score. For whatever reason, be it spy gate or something else, the Patriots are out to obliterate the rest of the NFL this year. <font color="purple"> NEXT: vs. Minnesota.

</font>
<font color="blue"> 2. GREEN BAY (5-1) </font><font color="red"> </font>: So much for karmic retribution - Green Bay recovered a ridiculous 6 of 8 fumbles this week, including a 3rd quarter fumble-six by Charles Woodson which proved to be the game winning score. Meanwhile, do you think Favre is mad at James Jones for those two fumbles last week? He only looked Jones' way twice after the fumbles last week, and then didn't throw him a single pass this week. <font color="purple"> NEXT: Bye.

</font>
<font color="blue"> 3. TAMPA BAY (4-2) </font><font color="red"> *UP 1* </font>: Up against the NFL's #1 pass defense and with no running game to help out, Jeff Garcia did a helluva job, completing 21 of 30 for 274 yards and a score. The defense did the rest, getting three turnovers to secure a big win over - get this - a tough AFC opponent. Go NFC! <font color="purple"> NEXT: @ Detroit.

</font>
<font color="blue"> 4. SEATTLE (3-3) </font><font color="red"> *DOWN 1* </font>: Having complained about Andy Reid's clock and game management over the past eight seasons, I finally have an answer for why he's a game theory idiot: he is a disciple of the master idiot, Mike Holmgren. <font color="purple"> NEXT: vs. St. Louis.

</font>
<font color="blue"> 5. NEW YORK (4-2) </font><font color="red"> *UP 2* </font>: The Giants continued their remarkable turnaround, which shows no signs of slowing down with bottom feeders San Francisco and Miami coming up. The G-Men then get a week off before what could be a huge first place showdown with Dallas. <font color="purple"> NEXT: vs. San Francisco.

</font>
<font color="blue"> 6. WASHINGTON (3-2) </font><font color="red"> </font>: For the second straight week, the Washington defense shut down a powerful passing attack, this time holding Favre to just 188 yards while sacking him twice and recording two interceptions. After coughing up the game turning fumble, Santana Moss took himself out of the game, later explaining, "Something wasn't feeling right with me, and why go out there and keep another guy from helping us win?" <font color="purple"> NEXT: vs. Arizona.

</font>
<font color="blue"> 7. ARIZONA (3-3) </font><font color="red"> *DOWN 2* </font>: With Leinart on injured reserve and Warner sitting on the bench with a hurt elbow, the Cards had to turn to Tim Rattay (12/24 - 159 - 0 - 3). A career backup, Rattay has had some nice games at times, leading some people to wonder why he doesn't get a legit chance to start. This wasn't one of them. The current word is that Warner will only miss a week, but Arizona could be in trouble if he misses significant time. <font color="purple"> NEXT: @ Washington.

</font>
<font color="blue"> 8. PHILADELPHIA (2-3) </font><font color="red"> *UP 1* </font>: Westbrook and Tra Thomas returned, and so did the Eagles offense to the tune of 413 yards. But while Philly moved the ball consistently between the 20's, they stalled out repeatedly in the red zone, leading to four field goal attempts. The solution? Stick to the run, which the Birds all but abandon near the endzone. And a quick kudos to Sean Considine, who was everywhere in the first half and seemed like the only person interested in tackling Thomas Jones. <font color="purple"> NEXT: vs. Chicago.

</font>
<font color="blue"> 9. DETROIT (3-2) </font><font color="red"> *DOWN 1* </font>: With the highly paid Shaun Rogers and Cory Redding in the middle of their defensive line, Detroit should be good against runs up the middle, right? Wrong. They rank 29th in adjusted line yards up the middle. <font color="purple"> NEXT: vs. Tampa Bay.

</font>
<font color="blue"> 10. CAROLINA (4-2) </font><font color="red"> </font>: With the easy part of their schedule over, the Panthers have a week off to sit and enjoy their first place 4-2 record. It ain't gonna last. The rest of their schedule includes Indy, Tennessee, Jacksonville, Green Bay, Dallas and Tampa. <font color="purple"> NEXT: Bye.

</font>
<font color="blue"> 11. MINNESOTA (2-3) </font><font color="red"> *UP 1* </font>: Adrian Peterson: 21 touches, 233 yards, 3 touchdowns. Ladies and gentleman, your 2007 offensive rookie of the year. <font color="purple"> NEXT: @ Dallas.

</font>
<font color="blue"> 12. CHICAGO (2-4) </font><font color="red"> *DOWN 1* </font>: You know that offensive "strategy" of throwing the ball to Hester fifty yards behind the line of scrimmage and letting him "return" it? Well, the Bears came up with an even better idea. Throw the ball fifty yards in front of the line of scrimmage, and let Hester go and catch it. Apparently, that works too. <font color="purple"> NEXT: @ Philadelphia.

</font>
<font color="blue"> 13. SAN FRANCISCO (2-3) </font><font color="red"> </font>: There's been a lot of talk about the decline of Larry Allen and the subsequent effect on the running game. Well how about some props for LT Jonas Jennings? Last year, the Niners ranked 2nd in adjusted line yards off left tackle. This year they rank 9th, which is pretty good when you consider they rank dead last in total ALY. Unfortunately, Jennings is now out indefinitely for personal reasons. <font color="purple"> NEXT: @ New York Giants.

</font>
<font color="blue"> 14. NEW ORLEANS (1-4) </font><font color="red"> *UP 1* </font>: See Reggie run left. See Reggie run right. See Reggie run through a big hole up the middle. See Reggie catch the ball. The Saints force fed Bush the ball early and often, and it worked to the tune of 25 touches for 141 yards. And a shout out to David Patten of all people, who turned back the clock to 2001 in grabbing 8 balls for 113 yards. <font color="purple"> NEXT: vs. Atlanta.

</font>
<font color="blue"> 15. ATLANTA (1-5) </font><font color="red"> *DOWN 1* </font>: His one excellent interception aside, DeAngelo Hall got worked all game by Amani Toomer, who caught 7 balls for 89 yards and a score. I only counted one Toomer catch where Hall was not in "coverage", although "coverage" to Hall means "stand around covering nobody while watching the quarterback's eyes." Hall was also repeatedly blocked out of the play by Toomer on outside runs. And why is Bobby Petrino punting late in the game? You're down 14 points, at least give an effort to come back and win the game. <font color="purple"> NEXT: @ New Orleans.

</font>
<font color="blue"> 16. ST. LOUIS (0-6) </font><font color="red"> </font>: Gus Frerotte's numbers, adjusted for sacks: 19 of 40, 197 yards (4.9ypa), 0 touchdowns, 5 interceptions, 1 fumble. It's no wonder that Marc Bulger is dying to get back into the lineup, broken ribs be damned. <font color="purple">[b] NEXT: @ Seattle.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:01 AM

Default Re: PokerFink\'s 2007 NFC Rankings (Week 6)

First.

I think seattle and Arizona are too high.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:02 AM

Some different polls for this week.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They can't both be too high. Someone has to be 4th.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:08 AM

I agree with your comments about Jennings. He missed a few games near the beginning of last season and the running game just wasn't the same without him. Really surprised just how badly Larry Allen seems to have fallen off. Obviously it was bound to happen, but he was pretty good last year and just seems to be terrible this year
Old 10-16-2007, 01:09 AM

Seattle isn't too high. You are a moran.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
First.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why does this have to happen every week? Read the disclaimer. Someone from the NFC West MUST be 4th. Aside from that, where he has Arizona ranked seems fine. They have a better chance of making the playoffs than the Eagles and other teams because they have a much, much better chance at winning their division, or getting a wildcard spot. Arizona is tied with Seattle for the lead, meanwhile teams like Philly are farther behind, and have to pass much better divisional opponents like Dallas
Old 10-16-2007, 01:13 AM

I hope Brady has a 16/44 155 1/4 game vs Miami

I think it is impossible, but I can pray
Old 10-16-2007, 01:16 AM

that's a pretty low ranking for a 4-2 team (in Carolina), but then again they relaly haven't looked impressive

I would have put NYG @ 4, and then made a coinflip between WAS and SEA for 5/6, but that's just me.

good rankings!
Old 10-16-2007, 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would have put NYG @ 4, and then made a coinflip between WAS and SEA for 5/6, but that's just me.

[/ QUOTE ]

fgsafsddsg