Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 10-25-2007, 12:32 AM

Default Re: Does anybody else dislike the Colbert Report???

[ QUOTE ]
The Colbert Report: Great show, or the greatest show?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-25-2007, 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The old Daily Show with Colbert + Carrell + Corddry was better than the current crop, but the current daily show is still quality TV. Some of the once per month things like Trendspotting or Back in Black can really be amazing, but these guys can't come up with the quality material day in day out that colbert or corddry did.

I find the interviews on the daily show to be interesting and relevant, and the interviews on the colbert report to be mostly unwatchable with a few good ones in between.

Colbert Report is much more hit and miss than the daily show in the pre-interview bits, but I find its overall quality to be good and perhaps equal to the daily show.

Either way I get more overall quality entertainment out of the Daily Show-Colbert Report hour than I did with just the old Daily Show, but it is a lot more hit or miss.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is spot on.

Colbert can have amazing hillarious LOL moments from time to time, but overall it's just tiresome, it's the same parody over and over, and YES WE GET IT. It was really funny for like the first two weeks.

IMHO the best segments on Colbert are the pre-recorded interviews he does, like Better Know a District. He's got a real talent for interacting with people and creating funny clips, which is basically what his job was back on the Daily Show and he's damn good at it. Pretty much everything in studio is just eye-roll material now.

I finally cancelled my Colbert season pass the other day. It's just too annoying. There's a reason why I don't want Fox News and Bill O'Reilly and all those clowns, because they drive me nuts, and watching a spot-on parody of them is still 50% as annoying as the real thing.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
beat:he also has samantha bee.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't laughed at one of her jokes in a long time. She should be let go.

[/ QUOTE ]

i like samantha bee...? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]