Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2007, 11:52 AM

Default Re: Reccomendations for reviewing hands after a session

lol, you guys are cute.

@TN , I completely mistook your for somebody else. Dunno how that happened.

you (almost) have a PM.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:17 PM

Tnixon,

I make my posts to help you out....beating around the bush about stuff won't help you...i have nothing against you whatsoever, its just my style and im sorry if my posts have upset you.

Love, Indy
Old 10-02-2007, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I make my posts to help you out.

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't get me wrong. It's appreciated. And I completely understand and believe in brutal honesty.

But brutal honestly is something that you generally reserve for people who disagree with what you're trying to say, but need to hear it anyway.

I was agreeing with everything you said, and had already done a number of the things you suggested, so it seemed like the brutal part was just a little bit undeserved.

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-02-2007, 12:38 PM

vinetou, u can do the same thing in camtasia, its called voice narration, appears on the left on the main page.. should be much easier...
Old 10-02-2007, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
vinetou, u can do the same thing in camtasia, its called voice narration, appears on the left on the main page.. should be much easier...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I used Camstudio, will download Camtasia for the next time. I just figured that most people talk while they are playing and didn't know why.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:59 PM

The one advantage of doing the talking while you're playing is that you get the real thoughts of the moment. I've tried to go back through and make comments after the fact before, and there does seem to be some amount of loss and difference there.

Maybe that's just because my memory sucks though.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The one advantage of doing the talking while you're playing is that you get the real thoughts of the moment. I've tried to go back through and make comments after the fact before, and there does seem to be some amount of loss and difference there.

Maybe that's just because my memory sucks though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quite the opposite with me. I discover new things and maybe more like what I should think in that moment instead of what I actually thought in the moment. Videos are a great way to improve your game. More enjoyable than going through HH's. if you play 3 at a time, it is different.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Quite the opposite with me. I discover new things and maybe more like what I should think in that moment instead of what I actually thought in the moment.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the thing though. To really get a good analysis, you really want to know what you were thinking at that moment.

What you *should* be thinking in that moment can be very different from what you *were* thinking, and adding commentary afterwards can throw a wrinkle into the mix.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:44 PM

I usually know what I was thinking in the moment. But even if you don't, it is better to know what you should be thinking, in my opinion.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But even if you don't, it is better to know what you should be thinking, in my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with this, if the goal of reviewing the video is to figure out spots where you played poorly and why.

If the vid has comments reflecting what you were thinking at the time, then a later review of the movie allows you to compare what you were thinking against what you should have been thinking, and look at reasons why the two might be different. And I think those moments (where you weren't thinking what you should have been) are probably the most important moments to really understand throughout a game.

Also, memory gets colored by things that happen afterwards, so I think it would be really tough to *really* know what you were thinking at the moment.

Then again, like I said, my memory sucks. Maybe that's a lot easier for most of the rest of the world.

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]