Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do you coldcall 2 raises in the big blind with 65s??
Always 2 2.70%
75% 2 2.70%
50% 4 5.41%
25% 10 13.51%
Never 37 50.00%
If I'm drunk 19 25.68%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-25-2007, 04:16 PM

Default Re: PokerFink\'s 2007 NFC Rankings (Week 3)

[ QUOTE ]
i cant believe you think tampa is better than chicago what is wrong with you!?!?!?!!!!????!!!!!?!?!?!!!?! ?!! ?! !? !?!/! !??!1/!?!

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe this is a level, but I'll fall for it. 4 Division winners have to be the first 4 places, so with GB at #2, the 5spot is the highest the Bears can be
Old 09-25-2007, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i cant believe you think tampa is better than chicago what is wrong with you!?!?!?!!!!????!!!!!?!?!?!!!?! ?!! ?! !? !?!/! !??!1/!?!

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe this is a level, but I'll fall for it. 4 Division winners have to be the first 4 places, so with GB at #2, the 5spot is the highest the Bears can be

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to mention that Chicago is just not very good.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was looking at the first 3 games and think that Dallas and GB are closer to each other than I realized.

[/ QUOTE ]

I watched the whole GB/SD and was underwhelmed by GB. I think they have serious issues which will eventually be exploited. They have a suspect O-Line and no running game at all. Their defense can and will give up large totals during this season. They are a middle of the pack D in yardage that has been fortunate to give up so few points. They don't get enough pressure on the QB. Their bright spots have been a decent rushing defense, and some timely turnovers. Brett Favre can still get it done, and all these factors create games that give him a chance to win them himself. I think this type of game is going to lead to a lot of variance and GB will both beat some good teams and lose to some bad ones.

Given the issues Chicago has at the moment I guess GB has a chance at the division with a two game buffer. So I don't have a problem putting them being top four, but its close.

The way Dallas is playing right now I don't see GB anywhere near them though, or ever getting there.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Panthers continue to get their running game going and Delhomme gets healthy, do you see them as the winners of the NFC South?

[/ QUOTE ]

Neither team has beaten anybody yet; their four combined wins are over Atlanta, New Orleans and St. Louis twice. But it's pretty clear that Tampa has been the better team so far. I'd peg it at something like 60/40 in favor of Tampa - have to leave a lot of room for variance this early in the season.

[ QUOTE ]
The poll is pretty even right now. You watched Garcia every game last year that he played in, can he lead that TB team?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure looks like it. He's doing the same type of stuff he did last year in Philly, and Gruden runs the west coast offense that he is perfect for. Gruden is even adding in some shotgun this year for him.

[ QUOTE ]
Who's defense is better too? All I heard all offseason was that TB's was aging. If they really found a fountain of youth then they can be scary.

[/ QUOTE ]

They ditched Rice, but they still have a lot of older players. DE Spires and Carter are 33 and 34. CB Kelly and Barber are 31 and 32. Brooks is 32. On the flip side, Barrett Ruud seems to have made a big step foward in his third year, Cato June is only 27, and they have a pair of young safeties.

Tampa's defense has been MUCH better than Carolina so far. They've played basically equal schedules so far, but Tampa ranks 3rd in VOA while Carolina ranks 23rd (no opponent adjustment in those numbers yet). I mean, Atlanta moved the ball pretty well this week against Carolina this week - that's not a good sign.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Took you a while to get off of the Saints.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I was definitely a week slow on that one. I've learned my lesson, and I'm not going to wait for Tampa Bay to beat Carolina and "prove" they get the four spot. Of course, now that I said that, Carolina will go ahead and win this week...

Oh, and why/how do you have the Saints above the Vikings and Giants?

[ QUOTE ]
Depending on the injury report this week the Bears could be in real trouble.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. What's the news on that front so far? It seemed like everyone was getting banged up Sunday night.

I disagree about Griese though. If I'm Lovie Smith, Grossman is done. Finished. Kaput.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to mention that Chicago is just not very good.

[/ QUOTE ]

These two posts are perfect. I'm giving Chicago the benefit of the doubt for now, but in truth, they've played like utter crap so far.
Old 09-25-2007, 07:58 PM

i agree with every spot in this weeks rankings fink.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:28 PM

Things are starting to clear up. I think Green Bay will establish a running game by end of year, but with Favre playing so well it doesn't matter right now. Grossman has Bears on verge of implosion. Why they didn't try to sign Leftwich is beyond me... I doubt Griese can rally them. Defense got carved up by Romo, good thing this is NFC.

Tampa defense is in throwback mode. At this point they look like strongest in NFC, or close. Garcia playing more like Philly/SF. Dangerous team IMO.

The Lions secondary is LOL bad. Any time they play an above average QB they'll get absolutely torn apart. Still, they can score and aren't going to get hit up for 56 again. Er, I hope not. This should put Eagles into a little groove; I expect them to reel off a few wins now and get back in the hunt in a while.

I said the Saints would be dominated by Titans defense last week, and sure enough it happened. This team is not playing well at any position on either side of the ball. Drew Brees showing why Chargers drafted Rivers, playing like [censored]. No running game. Now Deuce is out so Bush has no choice but to figure out how to hit a hole through middle. Offensive line has been flat out dominated three consecutive weeks...

Those are my NFC thoughts for right now.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:30 PM

I predict that Reggie Bush will run for negative yards on the season.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I predict that Reggie Bush will run for negative yards on the season.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's very possible that he will have a negative DPAR rushing. He's currently at -4.5.