YES, AWESOME 10 66.67%
NO, BASTARD 5 33.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-17-2007, 11:11 PM

Default Re: The Fate of #756 by Marc Ecko

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Stupid publicity stunt. There is no way anything other than #1 will be done, regardless of any voting that occurs.

[/ QUOTE ]

If its ever in doubt they will probably rig voting so that it does win. Just like they should, as others have said branding this ball is extremely disrespectful to the traditions of the game, which are exactly what Cooperstown stands for.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, rigged voting would go perfectly with Bonds rigged body.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bonds at the ASG this summer come to mind???
Old 09-18-2007, 12:32 AM

I think the existence of this ball is extremely disrespectful to the traditions of the game. Brand that shizzle and lets make sure the fans know for all time that this was not the HR record ball but the post steroid-era HR record ball.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the existence of this ball is extremely disrespectful to the traditions of the game. Brand that shizzle and lets make sure the fans know for all time that this was not the HR record ball but the post steroid-era HR record ball.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh, this again.

Look, Aaron was most likely on greenies, Ruth never played with anyone but whites, every era has its scandals. Bonds happened to play in an era when most of the players were on steroids INCLUDING PITCHERS, so we should condemn him for this. He likely didn't take steroids until after he had already proven himself to be one of the all time greats. A-Rod has a good chance of crushing his record and is probably on HGH so lets be ready to put an asterisk next to his accomplishments too, right.

Last post on the subject, but the fact is that Bonds broke the record and someday its going to look absolutely ridiculous to see a ball with an asterisk and a record that has been broken by a couple people (cuz I'm sure someone will break A-Rod's record someday) more legitimately.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:05 AM

Someone should break into the Hall and deface all of Ty Cobb's artifacts. It's disgraceful that they would let a self-proclaimed racist into Cooperstown.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Someone should break into the Hall and deface all of Ty Cobb's artifacts. It's disgraceful that they would let a self-proclaimed racist into Cooperstown.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not only that, he's rumored to have killed a man and was a total douche on and off the field.

But hey, he didn't cheat, am i right guys?

Anyway - branding the ball is retarded. either shoot it into space or cooperstown.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:26 AM

nm, I'm done
Old 09-18-2007, 01:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Pete Rose artifacts are in the Hall and he committed some of the worst sins against the game of baseball

[/ QUOTE ]

pete rose cant even hold a candle to what bonds did
Old 09-18-2007, 01:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Pete Rose artifacts are in the Hall and he committed some of the worst sins against the game of baseball

[/ QUOTE ]

pete rose cant even hold a candle to what bonds did

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok...maybe you wrote this wrong. But you believe what Pete Rose admitted to doing more OK in your book as compared to what Bonds allegedly did?
Old 09-18-2007, 02:15 AM

Is anybody else surprised that Bonds himself didn't attempt to win that auction?
Old 09-18-2007, 02:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is anybody else surprised that Bonds himself didn't attempt to win that auction?

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing to me is he has the bat, the uniform, the cleats, most likely a base or two that he touched, and maybe a few other things. The ball is cool and all, but does have a lot of the stuff.

I'd like to see the ball put into the hall in mint condition, if its branded I hope it sits on Ecko's mantle so he can show MTV Cribs. I do hope that if the ball is branded that Cooperstown refuses to accept the ball.

How childish is it to want to brand a ball? I'm amazed that people actually voted for that. Let's deface a ball, that'll show everyone that it's a tarnished record, people can't make that decision for themselves they have to see a ball branded.

Edit: Outside of the people that just want to see it cause it would be cool. LDO.