Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High

Old 09-17-2007, 04:16 AM

Default Re: 3 pair hand from wcoop

[ QUOTE ]
i'd def lead the flop

if you check though i like how you played it sucks he had the cooler

[/ QUOTE ]

really, even 5-ways? it's not really a hand i want to race with, nor one i really want the initiative with until i can get most of the chips in. and on that board i don't think i get 4 folds very often.
Old 09-17-2007, 05:57 AM

Default Re: 3 pair hand from wcoop

[ QUOTE ]
well if you know your opponent is drawing with one card to come you would rather have a blocker than a third pair. but that's just one of many ways that another card could have more value, so it's not that interesting. you could be bluffing in a spot where you would prefer the person had some kind of set or two pair hand rather than the straight or flush showing, so not having the third pair card would make it slightly more likely that they had a pair or set of that rank. or conversely, if you're playing someone who will pay you off light, you might prefer to only have top two so that it's more likely they have top and bottom, allowing you to bet for value. are those the kinds of spots you're thinking of?

[/ QUOTE ]
the situation I was thinking of was actually where you are sure the other guy has a set, but it could be any set. In that case you want to have just top 2 pair so that it is more likely he has the bottom set so you have some outs. But this is a bit too contrived because if you can put him 100% on a set you are almost certainly folding anyway, and if you want to give him some chance of having a draw then you really want to have the 3 pair so that a set is less likely.