Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2007, 03:15 PM

Default Tiger Woods 08

Anybody got this? I was going to get it for the 360 but the reviews are pretty bad.
Old 08-30-2007, 04:01 PM

Default Re: Tiger Woods 08

I got it for 360. Its pretty good. Some new courses and side games. The gameface thing doesnt work at all yet (unless you have the webcam thing it seems) and there seems to be a few bugs. Might have rushed it out a bit to soon. But otherwise its pretty much similar to other years..
Old 08-30-2007, 07:38 PM

got the game on tuesday and I like it a lot. The game isnt the bomb and birdie type games in the past. The game requires a lot more course strategy, and slices and hooks are common if one doesnt swing back and through straightly.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:22 PM

Is online mode decent?
Old 08-31-2007, 12:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is online mode decent?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ive read online is really smooth and not bad.

There a demo of this game on XBL check it out.

If you own 07 i suggest not buying 08 just from playing the demo. Its is basically the same game.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:02 AM

I got the demo seemed quite smart, I was gonna buy 07 but decided not to, havent played Tiger Woods since the 2006 version so I'm quite tempted by this offering, and I do love a good online game
Old 08-31-2007, 11:22 AM

I used to love this series back in 05/06 but i have not played it in a while. Does it really suck now? Whats the best next gen system to get it for?
Old 08-31-2007, 11:48 AM

The reviews are not "pretty bad":

http://www.metacritic.com/games/plat...woodspgatour08
Old 08-31-2007, 04:22 PM

Honestly I'll be happy if they just get rid of some of the glitches that drive me crazy in the Wii version of '07. The one I hate most is on pitches. I'm spinning the shot backwards for all it's worth, the ball looks like it's about to stop and then shoots forward some ridiculous distance. It's just not physically possible for the ball to behave that way without huge amounts of topspin (something that's not happening with a highly lofted club and adding backspin with the controller). Chips and pitches also have a habit of going seriously awry (severely left and weak for the most part) despite experimenting with just about every form of swing possible - wristy or stiff-armed, inside-out, outside-in, straight, controller lower or higher, etc. Hopefully the full swing control will work a bit better, too.

Still addicted to the game, though.
Old 09-01-2007, 04:25 AM

Yikes. Just got it tonight for my Wii tonight and it is completely, insanely, ridiculously hard. Mine isn't letting me do practice mode on putts and I need to have the controller rotated way left just to hit it semi-straight instead of having a huge banana-ball slice. The hardest is the putting, though. Even two-foot tap-ins are an adventure now because the range on the putter is 120 feet so trying to gauge and control speed is a total crapshoot. I have already hit countless putts OVER the hole.

I think I need to check out some forums and study some manuals to see how to resolve these things. For now at my house we'll be sticking to '07 for our casual games 'till I get this all figured out. I do like some of the things they've done with the added Tiger challenges, training challenges and the like.