Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2007, 06:36 AM

Default BEAT: Run Bad in Poker & Food

So coming off consecutive -1000 days Thursday and Friday, and then a day off Saturday, I put in a nice little session tonight at the Venetian 5/10.

Start off by flopping two pair against a straight on my third hand, although a monotone board and passive opponent means I only lose 500.

Then get it all in on the flop with NFD against a set in a big multiway pot and miss. $640 worth of equity, but I get felted. Stuck 1500. Rebuy!

Up and down for the next four hours, then get it all in preflop with QQ against 88 in a 1300 pot. Eight high flop, nice. $1040 sklansky bucks, $0 real bucks. Reload!

Win some pots, lose some pots, finally get it all in on the flop with a pair and flush draw against a oesd+higher flush draw. I was a 57-42 dog because my pair killed one of his straight outs and he only had one overcard. Anyway, he makes the straight and I get felted again. $1500 sklansky bucks, $0 real bucks.

So three all-ins, about $3200 worth of equity, and I miss em all. Stuck $3500 for the night, my biggest loss ever. Nice.

Then I go to Fatburger and order a burger with bacon and no cheese. Fifteen minutes later (Fatburger is delicious but takes forever) I get a burger with no bacon and cheese melted all over it. Nice. Thanks guys.

I guess I posted that August graph a little early...
Old 08-27-2007, 06:50 AM

Default Re: BEAT: Run Bad in Poker & Food

first of all, in your face. second of all, have you been hearing all the thunder? man, it is THUNDERY RIGHT NOW. CCCCCCCCCROWL! (or whatever the thunder sound is in english)
Old 08-27-2007, 06:53 AM

Yeah, how ironic that on the night I run horribly in poker and life there is a huge thunderstorm outside.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:55 AM

yes that is ironic
Old 08-27-2007, 08:29 AM

down the road not across the street...make it count