Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2007, 05:31 PM

Default Re: *** Official Spanish Primera Division 2007-2008 ***

Nice couple header goals.

Good to start with a win even if it is in no small part because the other team had two players sent off.

Another goal and Sevilla go top [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

edit: Goal by Kanoute, Sevilla currently #1 in the standings
Old 08-25-2007, 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This game is quite bizarre. I still think the red card was very harsh and undeserved, but this should be an entertaining 2nd half.

edit: 1st red

[/ QUOTE ]

First red was for a second yellow. The GolTV thing messed it up. I went back and checked and in the 7th minute Sousa got booked for a late challenge. They said it was somebody else. It seemed like an ok yellow, not overly harsh but maybe a bit. The second yellow was for an intentional handball on a through ball when Sevilla were attacking. That's pretty standard.

It's one of those situations, which are unfortunate for the neutral fan, where a player gets two legitimate yellows but neither were for doing anything too bad. One of the better examples I can remember is Pope against Italy in the last World Cup. I don't remember the first yellow but the second was certainly legitimate. It's unfortunate that this puts you a man down but that's how it goes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh, thanks - that makes sense now. I thought it was a straight red, and the Pope analogy seems appropriate.

Barring anything serious to Puerta, it's a great start for Sevilla. Their style is really starting to grow on me.
Old 08-25-2007, 08:38 PM
 is offline

Unfortunately there is/was somekind of tv rights struggle going on between the different players which resulted in Atletico and Real not being aired anywhere.

Hope it's sorted next week.

I remember last year where for a while the Sevilla games couldn't be aired here.
Old 08-25-2007, 09:30 PM

I'm not reading this thread yet because I don't want to know the result of the Atletico match, but if anyone knows anywhere where I can get a video/torrent anything of the full Real vs Atletico match I would really appreciate it. Instant message me at 'sir starvs alot' if you do. Thanks a lot
Old 08-26-2007, 01:06 AM

Gah I couldn't find the full match but I saw the highlights, pointing. Highlights made it look like Real basically ran over Atletico but its hard to judge really. I'm optimistic about Atletico but its basically a whole new team, so players have to mesh and all that.

If someone who caught the GolTV replay of the match at 6 could comment on how Atletico looks that'd be nice. I really hope they get this TV dispute fixed up.
Old 08-26-2007, 01:54 AM

Jared, what happened to one of Sevilla's players? Someone fainted or something.
Old 08-26-2007, 02:33 AM

holy [censored] [censored].

Just got back from a party and went to get an update on Puerta. I didn't post earlier, but after he had a seizure on the pitch and was taken to the locker room it happened again. That was the last I had heard.

I just read this. I hope I'm misunderstanding but I don't think so.

This is an update from the people at the Virgen del Rocio hospital.
[ QUOTE ]
"Antonio Puerta ingresaba a las 22:53 en parada cardio-respiratoria. Se le practica reanimación con éxito y pasa a la Unidad de Cuidados Intensivos (UCI) donde permanece con ventilación mecánica y en estado de inestabilidad. El pronóstico es muy grave y el próximo parte se dará mañana". No admitieron preguntas los galenos porque "no es una rueda de prensa, sino un comunicado medico".

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's my translation:
"Antonio Puerta checked in at 10:53 in cardiac arrest. He was revived successfully and sent to the intensive care unit where he remained unstable with labored breathing. He is in critical condition and an update will be given tomorrow." They did not answer questions from reporters because "it [was] a medical statement not a press conference."

////

This looks serious.

ANIMO PUERTA
Old 08-26-2007, 02:38 AM

holy [censored].
Old 08-26-2007, 02:50 AM

I just found other stuff that seems to imply that he is stable but I'm not sure whether that is before or after that one. The problem is that this news stuff happened after midnight over there and so it's not updated everywhere.

My Spanish is rusty but the first two sentences surely say that he was in cardiac arrest and was revived and sent to the ICU.
Old 08-26-2007, 02:51 AM

what could have caused that?