Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2007, 09:12 AM

Default Re: Folding Queens preflop???

i don't understand a repush with aa or kk, because if you are, in his mind, trying to iso the short stack, your folding to this push, destroying the value from his aa or kk, on second thought with this guy on tilt, i am leaning towards a call
Old 07-05-2007, 09:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if hes tilted i almost want to call and see him flip jj or 10-10 or ak, but theres nothing wrong with a fold

[/ QUOTE ]

OP says nothing about SB beeing tilted. It says that he is a solid aggressive player.

Beeing 160bb deep this seems like a good place to fold.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:21 AM

yeah, whoops 1st raiser was tilted but why do we assume aa or kk is going to be played out like that?
Old 07-05-2007, 09:32 AM

Were not really assuming that he has AA or KK but surely it has to make up for quite a big part of his range.

Your crushed by AA/KK and flipping against AK. This together with the fact that the money in the pot are fairly small compared to his AI raise makes me fold without worry.

Also he has to know that you at least have a semi decent hand since you will be going to showdown against shorty.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:37 AM

i just see him doing this with 1010, jj, and ak-- two were big favors and one its a coinflip, i mean i probably think about it for a while and fold since we get to see his cards but i was just wondering the logic behind why this is an easy fold, i guess aa or kk could openshove right there but i just feel like thats marginal ev, as we aren't calling a shove with much which loses lots of profits for villan
Old 07-05-2007, 10:08 AM

im leaning towards him having AK. AA/KK would want a call from op, with this 16x raise i think he is trying to take down the dead money from op folding and going heads up with shortstack.

I could easily be wrong tho, and that doubt would make this a fold for me, because its a slight favorite/big underdog situation and its for a lot of $$$.
Old 07-05-2007, 10:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why is this an easy fold again? why dose he not play kings or aces with a reraise on top, instead of a push? as played i guess i fold but i hit time and look into my crystal ball for advice. . . if hes tilted i almost want to call and see him flip jj or 10-10 or ak, but theres nothing wrong with a fold

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeh agreed on this.. I also think he can play AA and KK like that... he may suspect u are trying to isolate the tilting all in with a KQ or AJ sort of hand so he might just be semi stealing with a hand like 1010 but yeh 160BB deep theres nothing wrong with a fold here.. look forward to results.
Old 07-05-2007, 10:27 AM

i mean even jj knows aq can't call and maybe even ak, but if he views this play as an iso, he can shove more widely- i mean with a large bankroll i really am leaning towards call because i honestly believe we're ahead more times than not but that could just be a me thing
Old 07-05-2007, 10:40 AM

I would insta-call. I'm sure 90% of villians would not be doing this with aces. Kings is certainly a possibility but so is jacks and AK. Evan if villians range is as tight as KK, QQ, AK We are only a slight underdog, and there is enougth in the pot (evan considering the deap stacks) to make it a call.
Old 07-05-2007, 10:42 AM

not many solid players would do this with QQ. His range is weighted towards AK, but KK+ is def in there