Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP

Old 07-06-2007, 03:50 PM

Default Re: ** Event 54: $5,000 +rebuys World Champ. NL 2-7 Draw Lowball **

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've never understood why this game doesn't get more love. It's played no-limit, and it combines a great mix of math and bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because its not hold'em.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think, next to holdem, this would make the best "TV game". It's easy to follow (unlike Omaha and Stud for the average viewer), and there's a lot of psychology.

[/ QUOTE ]

Howard Lederer said the exact same thing once in an interview.

Plus, almost everybody's played five card draw, thinks they're unlucky, and likes going all-in. "Five card draw; no-limit; worst hand wins; aces, straights & flushes count high". Easiest game in the world to explain & follow.

I've rail-birded several WSOP KC FT's, including the one Jennifer Harman won, and they were great fun to watch.

I used to play a 1-2 blind mixed home game; KC, PLO, NLH. Everybody loved KC. And IMO hold'em plays better PL, anyway. I'd love to have the WSOP try a lower buy-in KC event just once, see what kind of turnout it'd get.

Too bad KC didn't become the championship game. Of course, there wouldn't have been any Moneymakers or Golds to inspire the masses, but Doyle would've enjoyed writing the hold'em section for Billy Baxter's Super/System! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

ps Erik Seidel FTW
Old 08-25-2007, 09:17 PM

Default Re: ** Event 54: $5,000 +rebuys World Champ. NL 2-7 Draw Lowball **

Is Sheikhan just good at non hold em games or what? He claims to be good at all the stud, Chinese poker, and lowball games. And he has made several final tables in those games. Or is he just a luckbox?