Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2007, 02:36 AM

Default Re: do you talk to your therapist about poker?

I used to go to one that i got thru a referal of an female friend.
My family has a history of depression/manic depression but to be honest it wasn't really for anything like that just a person to talk to about just about everything. I went twice a week but that was back when i was getting support from parents and had health insurance thru my dads airline company.

Now I'm to poor to afford a therapist. But if i had the money to burn i'd totally go 2 or 3 times a week.
On a sidenote, my therapist was smoking smoking hot.
Old 05-12-2007, 02:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It was during a time when I was winding down from a sex addition. I went to sex and love addicts anonymous meetings around the same time, what a freakshow that was.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh dude, if anything deserves a trip report, it's this.
Old 05-12-2007, 03:57 AM

i do. but she doesn't know it. i substitute poker with chess. she says i'm very obbsessive (but not towards people). Where is she going with this? I seriously feel very vulnerable in there (only been twice now) and i feel that she has direction and that i can't figure it out and it really irritates me.
Old 05-12-2007, 04:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i do. but she doesn't know it. i substitute poker with chess. she says i'm very obbsessive (but not towards people). Where is she going with this? I seriously feel very vulnerable in there (only been twice now) and i feel that she has direction and that i can't figure it out and it really irritates me.

[/ QUOTE ]

try not lying and asking straight up when you want to know things. it will probably help.
Old 05-12-2007, 04:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

try not lying and asking straight up when you want to know things. it will probably help.

[/ QUOTE ]
i'd feel way too vulnerable just spilling the truth to her always.
Old 05-12-2007, 04:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i'd feel way too vulnerable just spilling the truth to her always.

[/ QUOTE ]

work on that or therapy will be a total waste of your time. a friend of mine consistently lied to therapists for bout 7 years before she started telling the truth. coincidentally she found therapy useful only after that.
Old 05-12-2007, 11:49 AM

RoundersQuote,

I've previously deleted one or two of your posts, but you really stepped it up this time. Very nice work.
Old 05-12-2007, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
RoundersQuote,

I've previously deleted one or two of your posts, but you really stepped it up this time. Very nice work.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking the same thing El Diablo. That was one of the better RoundersQuote posts. Splendid work.

On topic, I haven't ever seen a therapist, but if I could swing it for free I would love to, just to see how it would turn out.
Old 05-12-2007, 02:13 PM

I saw a therapist a couple times because I've been pretty depressed the past couple of months. Having someone to talk to helps, but I don't think she could really comprehend how psychologically warped being a compulsive poker player has made me. Mild antidepressants have helped me a fair amount, though (both with mood swings and the compulsion).
Old 05-12-2007, 03:28 PM

I don't see a therapist, but a prescribing doctor every couple of months. I'm totally honest about poker. It's like him asking how my job is going. He's mormon, so he doesn't quite understand the mechanics of it all.