Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 04-18-2007, 12:40 AM

Default Variance: Hotel Room Rates

I don't get Atlantic City. I used to stay at Borgata before the new room opened, and I can no longer get the sweet mid-week poker room rate. I paid $39 in the halcyon days.

Now I usually book the cheap rooms at the Trop midweek. I've been getting cards in the mail lately with specials. I finally checked the site for availability. Next week, Tuesday and Wednesday are up to weekend rates. Thursday drops again. So I figure something is happening in town.

But then I use an online hotel finder, and get Showboat room for super cheap those same nights, and on the Showboat website, they are listed as hot deal nights. Did they not get the same memo as the Trop that these are now premuim dates?

Fine with me. I want to play at the Taj anyway, and the walk is very short to the Showboat. Trop is at the other end and only gets an O8 game midweek when the Taj staff come down and get crazy. (Or so is my tiny sample, uninformed impression.)

Wish my friends in EHT hadn't moved. That was extremely convenient.