Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 02-24-2007, 01:17 AM

Default Received very strange check from Absolute

Sorry if this is the norm. On the 12th of February I requested a check from Absolute via FedEx. A week went by and I received nothing. I called Absolute and they told me the check had been sent and when I asked when I should expect to receive it the guy on the other end told me "yesterday." He told me to call back if I didn't receive it the next business day which would have been Tuesday the day after the holiday. He also said to email payments@absolutepoker.com because they might have more information. I emailed them and they told me 1-3 business days and because this wasn't supposed to take this long they refunded me the $25 fee. Well on the 4th business day I received the check through regular mail, not FedEx. It is the oddest looking check I have ever seen. The check is written from some bank out of Germany. It was mailed from Germany. Everything on the envelope is writeen in German. Although it does say a German bank name and New York branch underneath the German bank name. Just curious if anyone else received a check similar to this.
Old 02-24-2007, 03:16 AM

Default Re: Received very strange check from Absolute

This is news to me. I requested a check Jan. 18 and received it ~3 weeks later from Chexx Inc., from Canada and apparently drawn from U.S. Bank. This was the norm as far as I know. I think the check you received is something new, at least with respect to AP check withdrawals.
Old 02-24-2007, 03:23 AM

What you describe is the same check i just got from Big Chip Poker an absolute skin.
Old 02-24-2007, 03:24 AM

BTW i requested mine via regular mail because there was no fedex option. And i did so on the 13th.
Old 02-24-2007, 04:57 AM

i received the same type of check today from UB.
Old 02-24-2007, 06:27 AM

I received the same type of check yesterday. Mailed from Frankfurt, Germany via "Luftpost", which translates to Air Mail. It is drawn on the New York branch of Dresdner Bank and bears a US banking system routing coding with something that looks like a fraction printed next to the bank name.

What's so weird about this check? Have you never dealt with international banks before? Do you expect all checks to have pretty flowers or American flags all over them? The drive-thru teller at my branch (Bank of America) took it and didn't blink an eye.

Some of you guys are so paranoid.

Now, where's my WPX check? Been waiting a month for it! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-24-2007, 06:43 AM

OMG! You do business with an offshore company and they sent you a German check!!!1!!! DO NOT TAKE IT TO A BANK. They will arrest you for being a Nazi.
Old 02-24-2007, 07:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OMG! You do business with an offshore company and they sent you a German check!!!1!!! DO NOT TAKE IT TO A BANK. They will arrest you for being a Nazi.

[/ QUOTE ]

My credit union and the Intrust down the street get all creeped out over international checks...really pisses me off
Old 02-24-2007, 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Have you never dealt with international banks before?

Some of you guys are so paranoid.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have never dealt with international banks before.
I'm not paranoid. I just thought it was an odd check.
Old 02-24-2007, 11:46 AM

There are too many of these "my check looks funny" threads (keep in mind I say this having started one myself, so I am also to blame). Throw it in an ATM and wait. If problems arise, ask the bank why the check hasn't cleared or was rejected. Then, contact the poker room to find out what is going on. Find a new bank if you have to. What are we all so afraid of? These are legitimate checks. We are not criminals.