Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation

Old 02-22-2007, 03:37 PM

Default Neteller good news

I think this is worth its own post. Today I called my bank because I have 250 dollars in my account and I am in need of cash. I got a 33K check from bodog on fricken hold for over 3 weeks and 10k frozen in Neteller. So I call about the hold on my 33k check complaining how I really need money (beat). So after hold for like an hour as they try to work something out for me; I finally get a manager on the phone who says she wants to help me. After asking all kinds of questions about the transfers over the last 6 months she says she has a solution.

So WTF does this have to do with Neteller?

She finally says: well, instead of releasing funds off that Canadian check I will release half of your funds from a 5k transfer that is supposed to clear on Saturday. 5K???? Brag: My neteller transfer is on its way and set to clear Saturday. Beat: I still have funds in Neteller.

Cliff Notes: I made an EFT request January 16th, at about 8:00 PM central. It shows up as pending in neteller but my bank says its enroute and set to clear Saturday but my bank is advancing half the funds to immediately be available because they have cleared so many times before from that same processor.

Try calling your banks if you have a pending neteller request on Jan 16. Whatchya all think? Good news? No news?
Old 02-22-2007, 03:41 PM

Default Re: Neteller good news

Interesting news. Let us know if the funds actually arrive. Thanks.
Old 02-22-2007, 03:55 PM

Default Re: Neteller good news/You live in the US?

Is this an American account?
Old 02-22-2007, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] The only question that matters
Old 02-22-2007, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] The only question that matters

[/ QUOTE ]

YES, american address w/ neteller. American Bank.
Old 02-22-2007, 04:09 PM

I called my bank Bank of America they say they see nothing pending.
Let us know if you get anymore info about this.
Old 02-22-2007, 04:13 PM

Don't be going an getting a woody just yet...there is NO SUCH THING as a "pending ACH transfer" that your bank would see....either it has come in, in which case, ALL the money would be immediately made available to you, or NOTHING has come in....there is no in between.

The only time it would be "pending" is on the day that it actually arrives, and banks don't actually "post" it until the following morning, although in that case, the funds are available, in full, to you.

Sorry to pee on your parade.
Old 02-22-2007, 04:20 PM

The banks receive the funds in a matter of seconds. Your bank is sitting on it. Demand the reason why.
Old 02-22-2007, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't be going an getting a woody just yet...there is NO SUCH THING as a "pending ACH transfer" that your bank would see....either it has come in, in which case, ALL the money would be immediately made available to you, or NOTHING has come in....there is no in between.

The only time it would be "pending" is on the day that it actually arrives, and banks don't actually "post" it until the following morning, although in that case, the funds are available, in full, to you.

Sorry to pee on your parade.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you are saying it is NOT possible for an ACH to be "pending" and not "posted"?

I Will call my bank when I am off work to clarify what they are seeing. If what you say is correct, them releasing only 2.5k is very bizarre. They release half today, but then the rest Saturday.
Old 02-22-2007, 04:31 PM

Default Re: Neteller good news

Because come Saturday, when that "pending" transaction doesn't come thru, your account is going to be overdrawn, and the bank is going to be extremely happy to charge you fees, and more fees, and then some fees for charging you fees. Hahahahahahaha!