Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2007, 09:27 PM

Default Re: A play I usually don\'t make!!!

ignoring the retarded part of this thread: rockin I think you're being results oriented, and your assumptions are just not accurate enough of the time for this to be +EV
Old 02-18-2007, 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ignoring the retarded part of this thread: rockin I think you're being results oriented, and your assumptions are just not accurate enough of the time for this to be +EV

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with that. Largely sure utg+1 would fold (he had folded to quite a few reraises except when he opened for larger bets). CO questionable, but he had been trying to get involved in pots that utg+1 had been opening. SB's range is pretty accurate. CO is the only factor possibly swinging this to the negative. Thanks for the response. I was pretty much more concerned with finding +EV spots and my quick math made for a questionable move. Not worried about the results (even if a loss). Felt pretty confident in my reads.

Afterwards, doing the math, I couldn't believe how close to neutal EV this was (excluding the CO from the equation). CO definitely makes this -EV. Thanks.
Old 02-19-2007, 06:23 AM

I wish the squeeze play was never written about in hoh, it would have saved me an awful lot of money at the stakes i play at.

I kind of like having a chance of winning a showdown when i try something like this. Ax can kill kq nicely, or even a low pair.

Playing with 10 high just doesnt seem to work, unless you get FE.

Also, one problem is kind of over thinking what ppl can have.

ie 'he raised on button, so didnt have much, the sb rr, knowing that he didnt have much. I have crud in the bb, so if i raise they will both fold', before running into 10 10 and ak

Just my 2c