Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2007, 08:21 PM

Default TNA News today

I got this off the Wrestling Epicenter website that was referenced on here by one of the other posters (thanks for letting us know about this site).

[ QUOTE ]
- Dave Meltzer reports that TNA is getting close on securing a regular two hour time slot on Spike TV.

- Konnan was told by doctors that his kidney damage was caused by a combination of heavy usage of anti-flammatory drugs, pain killers, and eating a high protein diet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am very hopeful and excited for the possibility of TNA getting a two-hour TV slot. Hopefully this will allow for at least 1-2 solid matches on the weekly tv show on top of all the breakneck-pace storyline developments. The TNA roster is deep with solid in-ring performers, and the added hour could provide just the perfect mix of wrestling and "sports-entertainment." Russo will no longer have a built in excuse to only deliver solid matches once a month (on the PPVs).
Old 02-02-2007, 11:09 PM

Default Re: TNA News today

I've been a TNA supporter since the beginning but the last few months of TNA has been absolutely horrible. They need to get rid of Russo immediately. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 02-03-2007, 03:59 AM

Yesterdays Impact was horrible. I'm guessing I'm not the only one that thinks so cause there hasn't even been any discussion about it here. All these 4 minute matches are killing TNA. They make the whole roster look weak.
Old 02-03-2007, 06:12 AM

with 1 hour of TV they can't really do much of anything. They'll never catch up to WWE based on just wrestling because the majority of fans won't get into it, so they need to add in storylines, and they're trying to get too many guys on the air and they just can't do it in 1 hour, they desperately need the 2nd hour. they also still haven't figured out that they shouldn't keep bringing in old name guys who suck. get ready for another one within the next couple weeks to be Christian's "consultant" (easy to find spoiler if you don't already know who it is).
Old 02-03-2007, 07:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
with 1 hour of TV they can't really do much of anything. They'll never catch up to WWE based on just wrestling because the majority of fans won't get into it, so they need to add in storylines, and they're trying to get too many guys on the air and they just can't do it in 1 hour, they desperately need the 2nd hour. they also still haven't figured out that they shouldn't keep bringing in old name guys who suck. get ready for another one within the next couple weeks to be Christian's "consultant" (easy to find spoiler if you don't already know who it is).

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with the vast majority of what you said. If Russo fails to deliver a couple of solid matches each week after he gets 2 hrs, I will have a major beef. With the talent roster so deep, it is not like he has to give away "PPV caliber" matchups for them to be solid, imho. Give me Petey William vs. Jay Lethal or Christopher Daniels vs. Elix Skipper in a normal 10-12 minute match and I will be tickled pink.

I am very forgiving of Russo right now, because I truly feel he is trying his best. He seems to passionately care about giving EVERY wrestler on the roster a purpose and a character. By trying to get everybody involved in the growth of the product, he weaves in seemingly 20 angles in every 1 hr show and the whole product seems rushed and match quality and length have suffered. I have kinda grown to accept recently that the TV show is basically a one hour infomercial of sorts for the real matches that will take place on the PPV.

The "old name" that you mention isn't quite as bad as you imply, in my opinion. In the right context, I think he can serve a purpose, and I believe he demonstrated that fine a few months ago. TNA has brought in some older guys as quest appearances over the last few months (Nash, Luger, Bagwell, Backlund), but these guys have been used properly, for the most part, and haven't taken the spotlight from the everyday guys in the company.
Old 02-03-2007, 07:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

The "old name" that you mention isn't quite as bad as you imply, in my opinion. In the right context, I think he can serve a purpose, and I believe he demonstrated that fine a few months ago. TNA has brought in some older guys as quest appearances over the last few months (Nash, Luger, Bagwell, Backlund), but these guys have been used properly, for the most part, and haven't taken the spotlight from the everyday guys in the company.

[/ QUOTE ]

from what I understand though he's going to become a major part of the show and feud with angle. Instead of angle wrestling people in what might actually be good he's going to wrestle someone in a feud thats probably going to suck. they already sort of ruined angle by having him fight joe right away, now anyone else he fights is going to be a downgrade, but angle vs the consultant is just going to suck imo.
Old 02-03-2007, 06:39 PM

Glad I could help you with the Wrestling Epicenter link. I love that site. Check out from yesterday, I think, it has a link to Lance Storm's blog. He's been really hard on TNA and he has some great points about what could be a really great product.

I love TNA. It took me awhile to get used to the 6 sided ring and to take notice of the roster aside from the Jarretts, Stings and what not. They have an amazing roster but a horrible booking team. They have to potential to become a true competitor someday but will fall short if they stick with Russo, imo. I'm just hoping they come to an agreement with Jericho and Paul Heyman gets let go by WWE. I've also heard RVD is out of WWE as soon as his contract is up so I think we'll see him soon. It'd be awesome to see RVD be able to let loose and wrestle his style of matches again (maybe even a reprise of his fued with Jerry Lynn).
Old 02-03-2007, 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

from what I understand though he's going to become a major part of the show and feud with angle. Instead of angle wrestling people in what might actually be good he's going to wrestle someone in a feud thats probably going to suck. they already sort of ruined angle by having him fight joe right away, now anyone else he fights is going to be a downgrade, but angle vs the consultant is just going to suck imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

SPOILERS ?

I've heard who the consultant is and it really doesn't make alot of sense. He and Angle have never feuded in the past and I can't remember them ever being on the same wrestling show at the same time. (maybe they were briefly)

I don't have a problem with this wrestler coming back but him as the consultant seems silly as he has little history with Angle.

For those really curious and too lazy to look it up: The consultant is <font color="white"> Scott Steiner </font>
Old 02-03-2007, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
they already sort of ruined angle by having him fight joe right away, now anyone else he fights is going to be a downgrade

[/ QUOTE ]

- I agree with that. Seems like they would have better served to build up to this match instead of rushing it but they were looking for a quick jump. (like Hogan vs. Flair in WCW back in 94)
- I also think Angle's "character" has not been very interesting. First, he lost the all the humor. I'm not saying he has to play the dorky clown like he used to but it was a part of his character. He hasn't acted very honorable either attacking girlfriends, valets and referees. Even when he was a heel in WWE he didn't do things like this. Ever since he lost to Joe the first time, he's been carrying on like a whiny bitch.
Most importantly is whole "I'm too intense all the time" thing he does now. It's just starting to get annoying. F'n calm down for a few minutes, please..... There was an interesting story on one of the websites (obsever?) a few weeks back a how most of the wrestlers don't like being around Angle backstage because he's crazy and basically acts like wrestling is real, so I guess this is more of Angle's mindset then a character but still.
Old 02-03-2007, 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and basically acts like wrestling is real,

[/ QUOTE ]

Just exactly what are you trying to imply here???????