Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2006, 08:41 AM

Default Re: Entire Bubble - Find a Spot for Les

[ QUOTE ]
I think this is a cleverly disguised whining-thread. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Seriously though, there was not much you could have done here.

These frustrating situations will happen occasional as you grind away in sng's. Nothing to do than to power up a new table.

[/ QUOTE ]

There was actually a different thread that dealt with this topic that I saw directly after I finished the set that included this game. I wouldn't be whining today (yesterday?) at all. I had a pretty solid day! I didn't realize just how bad the cards were until I started using the converter and put them on here. There really wasnt much I could do. A couple of people (including sippin_criss) suggested I should not push the A9 in hand 9, but the raiser had been super-agressive. I still feel good about that reshove, despite the fact he had AJ.

Les
Old 11-30-2006, 09:14 AM

Glad this thread got bumped, i found a spot that show what i was talking about regarding the resteal and also a good example of not waiting till the blinds get high and its too late. PFR has been raising a lot from the BT since we got 6-handed and has been taking it down almost every time, c/folded the only flop when he got cold-called by the BB. I can tell from the flow of the game that I am not going to get a lot of good spots and the people i will be pushing into will call fairly loosely if i dont have a stack to rival theirs: (X,X) for me usually = anything but A-rag if im looking for FE, b/c it has so little suckout value vs villains who are only calling with a very solid hand, but u cant always be picky.)

Seat 3: Nikko75 (3690 in chips)
Seat 5: Frostvik (3390 in chips)
Seat 8: Army_Dunn (3440 in chips)
Seat 9: futuredoc85 (2980 in chips)
Nikko75: posts the ante 25
Frostvik: posts the ante 25
Army_Dunn: posts the ante 25
futuredoc85: posts the ante 25
futuredoc85: posts small blind 100
Nikko75: posts big blind 200
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to futuredoc85 [X,X]
Frostvik: folds
Army_Dunn: raises 400 to 600
futuredoc85: raises 2355 to 2955 and is all-in

disclaimer: this is pretty rare and fairly basic, just thought it may be helpful in the context of avoiding situations like this one, it cant be done every time and these spots will still happen.
Old 11-30-2006, 09:15 AM

The shove with A9 seems fine to me given the villian is raising a lot. Your image could make hand 10 a push and hand 14 could be a push cos you lose all folding equity when the blinds hit you next time.