Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2006, 03:05 AM

Default Re: Custom Titles: Required Reading

[ QUOTE ]
It's been quite awhile since I've customized anyone's title, but I'll follow this guideline from now on.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-23-2006, 09:41 AM

In SSNL, we give custom titles to people who take the time to contribute a digest. It usually takes a couple of hours and all digests are added to the stickies.

Is this practice okay or should we curtail it?
Old 11-23-2006, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In SSNL, we give custom titles to people who take the time to contribute a digest. It usually takes a couple of hours and all digests are added to the stickies.

Is this practice okay or should we curtail it?

[/ QUOTE ]

The same is done in MicroNL
Old 11-24-2006, 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's been quite awhile since I've customized anyone's title, but I'll follow this guideline from now on.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-25-2006, 08:15 AM

some of the BBV kids are asking about this in their daily '[censored] oot' thread, what are we telling people about this policy? public knowledge?
Old 11-25-2006, 01:43 PM

I'm not sure why Keikiwai's title was removed...I put it on him weeks ago (I think it was my second day as mod) before this whole discussion was even out in the open. IMO, it's silly to go back retroactively and change people's titles, especially with no explanation to the poster.

Now he is asking me where it went, and I have no idea except Ryan said he removed it in the notes. Now I basically look dumb and like someone else (he doesn't know it was Ryan) is undermining my modding. Not sure what we are trying to accomplish doing this.
Old 11-25-2006, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Now I basically look dumb and like someone else (he doesn't know it was Ryan) is undermining my modding.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a funny way to look at custom titles.

As I said in the OP, I will be removing newer titles that aren't logged. If you want to change it back, the solution is simple. I do believe that by doing this you guys will be encouraged to start logging these. Just remember that custom titles should be kept to a minimum.

NT:
[ QUOTE ]
some of the BBV kids are asking about this in their daily '[censored] oot' thread, what are we telling people about this policy? public knowledge?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see why not. Feel free.
Old 11-25-2006, 04:17 PM

i have already said I would do it from now on...

Ding Dong just asked me about his title change as well, which was from weeks ago as well...are we just going to go through every major poster in bbv and change his title back and forth?
Old 11-25-2006, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that's true. But I have no idea who gave most of these members their titles. That's why I started this thread and changed many of them yesterday.

Since it's not logged, the only way I can tell if it's 'newer' is by using my own judgment. So it won't be perfect, but I can say that a few weeks does qualify as a newer title in my mind. Also, if you have to change more than a few of these back, that's not keeping custom titles to a minimum.
Old 11-25-2006, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that's true. But I have no idea who gave most of these members their titles. That's why I started this thread and changed many of them yesterday.

Since it's not logged, the only way I can tell if it's 'newer' is by using my own judgment. So it won't be perfect, but I can say that a few weeks does qualify as a newer title in my mind. Also, if you have to change more than a few of these back, that's not keeping custom titles to a minimum.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, I see where you are coming from but if people in BBV have a custom title that says 'BBV Lollercauster Safety Technician' and you didn't put it up, it was either cnfuzzd or me. Odds are it was me. Why not send a PM with a list of people that you see you want logged/changed and we will do that, instead of bringing non-mod posters into the mix.

As for minimizing custom titles, the people who are instrumental to the success of BBV have custom titles, maybe 10 people like Ding Dong, George Ave, T-God, Keikwai, Kiwi, T-God, etc. It is generally a reward for being one of the best or most well-known posters, which I was under the impression custom titles are for. These are the posters that make BBV the highest traffic forum on 2p2 and bring you guys in $$$$. If the admins ask me to remove one custom title for one of these people, to be fair I would have to remove them all.