Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community

Old 11-22-2006, 04:36 PM

Default Borgata \"dailys\" with addon, no rebuy - thoughts?

I'm heading to AC for 4-5 days of tournaments, mostly Trump Classic, next week. I plan to get in town early Monday and do the Borgata daily NLHE. It's a $50+10 with 1 optional addon. I called in to ask about this, and it seems that there is one optional addon after a couple rounds, but no rebuys. I've never played this structure before. I've seen instant addons (a stupid structure, gee for $10 more should I double my chips? - Alladin in Vegas) - rebuys with one add on of course, but this is unfamiliar to me.

I would assume that I should plan to buyin for the addon if it is right away. That's a given. But if it's after a couple levels, do I automatically addon? Should I forego it if say, I have 4x the starting stack at addon time?

Is there a conventional wisdom for what I think is an unconventional tournament structure?
Old 11-22-2006, 06:41 PM

Default Re: Borgata \"dailys\" with addon, no rebuy - thoughts?

I once played in a 1 addon tourney at the Borgata on a Sunday. It was the same deal, only it was a $100 tourney. You absolutely MUST take the addon. You start with t5000. The addon is for t5000. It would be virtually impossible to have enough chips after the first hour to not take the addon. If you don't want to spend the extra 50 bucks to take the addon, then don't play in the tournament. Also, if you see anyone not take the addon, assume they are absolute dead money and proceed from there.

Also, once the bubble burst (9 left) in that tournament, about 7 people at the table started asking if anyone was interested in making an even chop. I don't know what is wrong with these people, but that was the most ridiculous thing I ever heard. After about 1 minute of listening to these morons, I said "No chop," and the dealer immediately dealt the next hand. I was one of the shorter stacks, but the even chop thing was ridiculous. I wound up busting in 6th after trying to resteal from an aggressive player who apparently can't fold A10 (although he said he knew he was beat). Of course, he wasn't beat becuase I had Q9.