Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 01-21-2006, 04:26 PM

Default So I got sucker-punched...

At a party last night at a friend's apartment that I've been to a lot. Still figuring out why it all went down, but this is what I've got:

A lot of us had been drinking, and it was almost entirely people that everyone knew, only a few randoms. My phone had died and I didn't have my watch, but I think this happened around 3 or 3:30 AM. Most of the group still there was outside having a smoke and there were 4 of us inside by the kitchen counter - myself, a girl from a show I'm in this semester, a teammate from the football team here, and one of the randoms. One minute we're talking about football (Texas, specifically I think) or something, next thing I know I'm on the ground. Now, we'd all been drinking, but I was still coherent. I'm told that I went down, got up and yelled at the kid for a second, then went back down. My teammate didn't kill the kid, but he threw him out while the girl made sure I didn't do anything back.

Here's the catch. The guy punched me like a bitch, but I know his name. Cops were out of the question last night since some of my friends aren't of age and there were some people hitting the green, but surely something needs to happen here. I should've rocked the little punk but I didn't feel like that would've done anything - I actually had to keep some of my friends from going after him after he had left. For reference, I'm a little under 6' and about 180, athletic but not ripped - I could've handled him myself in a fair shot.

So what will his comeuppance be? The kid was staying with his friends at the apartment next to where we were partying, but he doesn't live there, so slashed tires (a lot of people's suggestions) and similar residence-based vengeance is out. I'm sure I can use the fact that I know his name for something.

OK, I'll end my rambling story now. I just got back to my place about an hour ago and this is just what I know.
Old 01-21-2006, 04:30 PM

Default Re: So I got sucker-punched...

[ QUOTE ]
One minute we're talking about football (Texas, specifically I think) or something, next thing I know I'm on the ground. Now, we'd all been drinking, but I was still coherent. I'm told that I went down, got up and yelled at the kid for a second, then went back down. My teammate didn't kill the kid, but he threw him out while the girl made sure I didn't do anything back.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we need some more info about what exactly happened there
Old 01-21-2006, 04:30 PM

Just forget it.
Old 01-21-2006, 04:32 PM

If he just punched you for no reason, I beat the living [censored] out of him. My friends would not have let him leave. Otherwise, I find him at a party and beat him worse than what he did to you.
Old 01-21-2006, 04:38 PM

Swallow your pride and let it go. If you're not hurt it's not worth it. If you ever happen to run into him again then you can scare the crap out of him, preferably in front of girls, or kick his ass.
Old 01-21-2006, 04:41 PM

Old 01-21-2006, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If her just punched you for no reason, I beat the living [censored] out of him. My friends would not have let him leave. Otherwise, I find him at a party and beat him worse than what he did to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

when i was a freshman in high school i was sucker-punched out of nowhere by a senior. he was a tall, gangly kid. i had to go to a plastic surgeon and get 16 stitches in my upper lip and the roof of my mouth scraped to replace the hole in my gumline. it was nasty.

my bestfriend's brother was a senior. him and his friends went to the kid's work (a mobile gas station) to rough him up since i was "under the weather" and even still probably couldn't do anything about it since at the time twice as small as the guy. my bestfriend's brothers buddy beat the crap out of this guy until he couldn't move anymore, the cops ended up showing and jail time was served.

my point is is that if there was going to be a retalliation for this incident it would have been that night, otherwise you are just hunting him down and you and your boys will go down for assault if you are caught. when the dust has cleared you usually don't want to stir things up again, it only gets more people hurt or in trouble.

just let it be as the scenario stands and take this as a lesson that you need to be a little more aware of your surroundings.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
One minute we're talking about football (Texas, specifically I think) or something, next thing I know I'm on the ground. Now, we'd all been drinking, but I was still coherent. I'm told that I went down, got up and yelled at the kid for a second, then went back down. My teammate didn't kill the kid, but he threw him out while the girl made sure I didn't do anything back.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, why exactly did he punch you? i mean for all we know at this point, you deserved it.

[ QUOTE ]
Just forget it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly OOT does have it's moments of reason.
Old 01-21-2006, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What I gave you is what I remember. I wasn't talking [censored], we were all there, just hanging out. I asked both of my friends if I said anything to start it, and they said it was just something that happened for no reason. I don't remember exactly what we said, and I don't even remember getting jacked up. We had been talking about the NFL and college ball all night, but I can't see how that would've had anything to do with it.

Hell, the kid that jacked me was a Texas fan too, since we were both wearing Longhorns stuff. Its just messed up.