Old 07-12-2006, 01:09 PM

Default Re: What do you think?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Make his decision easy on all streets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you say this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Obv. you want to put your opp. to difficult decisions in general. I think gild means "make it easy for your opponent to get all his chips in the middle."
Old 07-12-2006, 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you say this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Obv. you want to put your opp. to difficult decisions in general. I think gild means "make it easy for your opponent to get all his chips in the middle."

[/ QUOTE ]

What he is suggesting does not do that. It allows opponent to play properly. If villain does not have an ace, he is folding. This suggested line will only work against an ace, and then I can see it.

His preflop raise in a $1.10 micro did not look like anything other than someone trying to pwn limpers. This is pretty common at any buyin, but even more so at the micro level. I honestly normally fold this when I am playing seriously, but I was in a donkaments trappy mood (drunk), so I decided to mix it up, with little risk to my stack this early.
Old 07-12-2006, 01:24 PM

The check/call on the flop, then the small lead on the turn looks very much like an 8. Especially at the micro-limits, where they expect you to slowplay your monsters, and they expect to see trips everytime a pair hits the flop.

With the Ace on board, I would lead out the flop. They'll never put you on an 8 then. If they have a good Ace, you should be able to get all their chips by the river. If they don't have an Ace or 8, well, then, you were never going to get anything anyway.
Old 07-12-2006, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The check/call on the flop, then the small lead on the turn looks very much like an 8. Especially at the micro-limits, where they expect you to slowplay your monsters, and they expect to see trips everytime a pair hits the flop.

With the Ace on board, I would lead out the flop. They'll never put you on an 8 then. If they have a good Ace, you should be able to get all their chips by the river. If they don't have an Ace or 8, well, then, you were never going to get anything anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not right. Players in the micro's pretty much PLAY THEIR CARDS, especially in a dollar micro. If the player does not have an ace he is folding to my flop bet 85-90% of the time. On the other hand, if he doesn't have an ace and someone is showing that they don't respect the preflop raise and CB, and then c/c the flop and lead the turn, most of these donkaments will try to blow you off of your hand, ESPECIALLY in the 1st level, while all the unskilled aggro's are still in.
Old 07-12-2006, 02:23 PM

I lead this flop, theres no way villain is folding 99-KK and you might get action from a lower pair as well. There are ALOT of donks in the micros. As someone said they expect you to slowplay so their calling range on the flop is wide. Unless villain is aggro i lead the turn as well.
Old 07-12-2006, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think we "outplay" people by knowing to fold J8s preflop OOP to a good sized raise.

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP

The initial limp is fine.
Old 07-12-2006, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you say this?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What he is suggesting does not do that. It allows opponent to play properly. If villain does not have an ace, he is folding. This suggested line will only work against an ace, and then I can see it.

His preflop raise in a $1.10 micro did not look like anything other than someone trying to pwn limpers. This is pretty common at any buyin, but even more so at the micro level. I honestly normally fold this when I am playing seriously, but I was in a donkaments trappy mood (drunk), so I decided to mix it up, with little risk to my stack this early.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, as I posted above, I don't think his line actually does that, I just was trying to bridge an apparent communications gap. Like I said, I like your line other than the call of the raise preflop. I wouldn't hate it if there were multiple players, or you're in position, I just don't think you make up for it in EV HU OOP.
Old 07-12-2006, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you say this?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

bingo

people slow play way too much in these low buy-in micros. You wanna build big pots with big hands and this is an obvious spot where a guy raised big preflop and an ace flops to bet out.

Say he has 99-kk and you check to him and he bets and you call. You just told him the strength of your hand. Not only that, but he may very well checkfold the turn on a very scary board like that to a flop call (which almost always means a monster on this board). Leading out will confuse the crap out of him, he might make a call on the flop and fold the turn, giving you the same result. You also disguise your hand very well (game theoretic-you lead out here with a flush draw, 8, A, etc. You call here he can narrow down your holdings much easier). Plus he might raise and pot commit himself with an A or a medium strength draw (KcJc).

There are so many good reasons to donk out here.
Old 07-12-2006, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you say this?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

bingo

people slow play way too much in these low buy-in micros. You wanna build big pots with big hands and this is an obvious spot where a guy raised big preflop and an ace flops to bet out.

Say he has 99-kk and you check to him and he bets and you call. You just told him the strength of your hand. Not only that, but he may very well checkfold the turn on a very scary board like that to a flop call (which almost always means a monster on this board). Leading out will confuse the crap out of him, he might make a call on the flop and fold the turn, giving you the same result. You also disguise your hand very well (game theoretic-you lead out here with a flush draw, 8, A, etc. You call here he can narrow down your holdings much easier). Plus he might raise and pot commit himself with an A or a medium strength draw (KcJc).

There are so many good reasons to donk out here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this line you suggest has value in a higher buyin. In this size buyin, players are mostly just playing their cards. They make moves preflop to give them the betting impetus, but they don't really know why, just that they are supposed to raise.

If I am leading into a preflop raiser here on an A high paired board, villain will almost always chuck his hand in this level buyin. Maybe I get a flop call, but villain is definitely giving up to a second barrel. My line was in trying to induce villain to continue representing strength by making it look like I was simpling exercising pot control. My turn bet simply put, looks like a blocking bet. Obviously the 2 did not help my hand.

The other thing to realize is that villain is not giving me any more credit than I am giving him. He is thinking I am just some donk (he's right) who wants to see a cheap showdown with his 66 or whatever. By betting into villain, he can only call 2 barrels, if he actually has an ace. My line here is in an effort to get paid off by those holding an ace, but also by those that aren't holding an ace.