Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

View Poll Results: Would OOT enjoy an "ask me" thread about lesbians?
yes 9 9.89%
YES 82 90.11%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-02-2007, 01:34 AM

Default Re: who does tOSU play in the title game?

[ QUOTE ]
You are somehow able to discount losing TWICE as the TOP TEAM IN THE LAND against KENTUCKY and ARKANSAS AT HOME (where Darren McFadden ran all the hell over LSU) but you won't let a game in which Booty was injured and a complete fluke loss go? Wow.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not 'discounting' the losses to Kentucky and Arkansas. They're part of a resume. Have I said "zomg some fluky [censored] happened, the games were in triple overtime, Dorsey was hurt, let's completely forget what happened"?

[ QUOTE ]
You are somehow able to discount losing TWICE

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I take actual performance and not just Wins and Losses into account whenever possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol irony. "They lost TWICE", with 'twice' in big capital letters, followed not even two paragraphs later with "I take actual performance and not wins and losses into consideration."

lol at all the people campaigning against OSU. They are in period Kos and Edge are funny. LSU and USC both had their chances and both effed it up lol. If they don't get in its their fault not OSU. And lol at all the big ten/OSU hate because of one game (the NC game last year).

[ QUOTE ]
The more Les Miles talks the more I hate him

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah he's really fricking annoying, he's like a wannabe Cowher or something but infinitely more irritating.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Whoa, whoa, whoa, where'd all the Hawaii people go?

[/ QUOTE ]

still here, and as I said m y analysis was based upon principles and not a belief that Hawaii is the best team in the nation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well that's good, because they're not even the 50th best team in the nation.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If Hawaii wins their game tonight, they should be in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. As I posted in the other thread, Hawaii has one less loss and a more impressive best victory(Boise St was ranked higher than Michigan) than OSU...why is Ohio St getting the nod?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because that's a ridiculously oversimplistic view of strength of schedule, accomplishment, and team strength? How about that OSU crushed most teams all year, while Hawaii had a very hard time with many very weak teams? And that OSU played a much harder (though overall still weak) schedule?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't think Hawaii has played enough tough teams, then put them in the title game against a tough team. That way, either way we'll know for sure. But if Hawaii doesn't get in, then we could have another Boise St situation where we truly don't know if they were the best team or not. Why would you rather not find out than find out if Hawaii is for real? I could understand your argument if there were many other deserving teams, but theres not so lets give the undefeated team a chance and see what happens. What happened to Boise St last year was a tragedy imo.

[/ QUOTE ]
great idea. lets encourage teams to make the easiest schedules possible because going undefeated against west endover community college and itt tech will guarantee a spot in the national championship. this will do wonders for college football

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh.....so you're saying that you don't think Hawaii has played enough tough opponents. Ok, I agree with you there. But...

my solution is to give them the toughest possible opponent(which would be against the other top team in the NT game) and find out.

Your solution is to give them an easier opponent in a lesser bowl.

That makes no sense to me.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lol at all the people campaigning against OSU. They are in period Kos and Edge are funny. LSU and USC both had their chances and both effed it up lol. If they don't get in its their fault not OSU. And lol at all the big ten/OSU hate because of one game (the NC game last year).

[/ QUOTE ]

They both effed up because they didn't get to play Eastern Kentucky State Community College every week. This [censored] isn't rocket science.

EDIT: And yes, I agree that EKSCC, a school I made up, could probably beat Stanford.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
USC and LSU were #1 and #2 at the start of the season. They played in the toughest conferences in the nation, and nothing has changed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Somewhere in there USC lost to Stanford. I swear this happened, whether you acknowledge it as meaningful or not. So yes, things did change.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. People write off this USC loss as a fluke and I agree it was a fluke. But it did indeed happen and USC should be punished for it accordingly.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is extremely, extremely relevant. But their other loss was to the best team in the nation...in a really close game. They played a tough schedule, and if we had a playoff tomorrow, I'm willing to bet that they'd be the favorites. Is that irrelevant?

[/ QUOTE ]

To be fair their non-conference turned out to be really weak and looking back at the scores their only really impressive win is at asu. They played a decent amount of close games and they looked rather meh today imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ohio State played Youngstown State, Akron, and Kent State (IN OCTOBER). They played Washington, but we'll see how that turns out.

They also scored a mere 14 points against Michigan, lost at home against Illinois, and "blew out" Northwestern and freaking Minnesota.

I still think USC belongs in the national title game. I haven't decided who I think they should play.

[/ QUOTE ]

gawd this is idiotic. they thoroughly dominated michigan. the game was played in similar conditions to pitt vs mia monday nighter. they won 14-3 and mich had like 97 yds of total offense. its downright ignorant to try to use this win against them.

they also beat wisc, pummeled a decent psu on the road and destroyed mediocre msu and purdue.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ESPN family of channels is polliticking hard for LSU

[/ QUOTE ]

It's sad that this will likely be the deciding factor in who plays for the championship. Going into the day, I was thinking it would be 80/15/5 Georgia/LSU/other on who would make the title game if Mizzou and WVU lost. Now, I have it 60/40 LSU solely on the basis of ESPN/ABC talking the voters around.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If Hawaii wins their game tonight, they should be in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. As I posted in the other thread, Hawaii has one less loss and a more impressive best victory(Boise St was ranked higher than Michigan) than OSU...why is Ohio St getting the nod?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because that's a ridiculously oversimplistic view of strength of schedule, accomplishment, and team strength? How about that OSU crushed most teams all year, while Hawaii had a very hard time with many very weak teams? And that OSU played a much harder (though overall still weak) schedule?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't think Hawaii has played enough tough teams, then put them in the title game against a tough team. That way, either way we'll know for sure. But if Hawaii doesn't get in, then we could have another Boise St situation where we truly don't know if they were the best team or not. Why would you rather not find out than find out if Hawaii is for real? I could understand your argument if there were many other deserving teams, but theres not so lets give the undefeated team a chance and see what happens. What happened to Boise St last year was a tragedy imo.

[/ QUOTE ]
great idea. lets encourage teams to make the easiest schedules possible because going undefeated against west endover community college and itt tech will guarantee a spot in the national championship. this will do wonders for college football

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh.....so you're saying that you don't think Hawaii has played enough tough opponents. Ok, I agree with you there. But...

my solution is to give them the toughest possible opponent(which would be against the other top team in the NT game) and find out.

Your solution is to give them an easier opponent in a lesser bowl.

That makes no sense to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

All everyone's saying is that it isn't MNF and no one wants to watch an OU/USC/LSU/UF slaughter Hawaii 42-14 in a championship game. It's just not enjoyable viewing fare.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:41 AM

GA final answer!