Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics

Old 11-29-2007, 03:56 AM

Default Re: Another Stupid Peace Initiative for Israel/Arabs

I don't know, maybe 5% of the Jewish contribution?
Old 11-29-2007, 06:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It is disgusting to see something as complex as the Palestinian/Israeli conflict be broken down to "kill all the Arabs and let the Jews rejoice". So shameful!

[/ QUOTE ]

I do basically agree with this. As many of you know, I am pro Israel and what you would term "right wing". However, I do not like to see even 1 innocent arab killed or the entire arab race disrespected. The only arabs I hate are the ones that wish to kill me and my family - I have no problem whatsoever with any arab who disagrees with me or hates Israel, as long as he dosnt advocate the murder of innocent Israeli civilians.

I do not think that it is helpful when either side talk about the issues in this manner. If someone believes that a solution to the conflict would be to remove all arabs from israel (or all jews), for example, i think its fair enough that this be discussed as long as arguaments are put forward. However, "kill all arab" type statements have no place in a reasonable discussion.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh. For several centuries, Europe was a backwards shithole and the Muslim world was where most math/astronomy was developed, AFAIK.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:

Palestinians are educated to believe - literally - that Jews are animals and intrinsically evil AND at the same time, schooled in violence and brutality.

how can you even claim to know this is true?

[/ QUOTE ]

I did state that incorrectly. I did not mean to imply that all Palestinian children are taught that Jews are literally animals and wanted to change that after I wrote it (but needed to sleep).

However, it is a very common extreme muslim religious statement in the arab world. There are many, many examples of this theme in sermons and statements by extreme muslim religious teachers and imams, many of whom are officially sanctioned.

[ QUOTE ]
Sermons by PA-appointed clergymen, and broadcast on the official PA media, have been inciting hatred daily. For example, according to the U.S. government’s Foreign Broadcast Information Services (FBIS), PA Television on March 13, 2004, carried a sermon by Sheikh Ibrahim Mudayris, from the Zayid Bin-Sultan Mosque in Gaza, in which he said that “the Jews” are “the sons of apes and pigs” and are “extremists and terrorists who deserve death, while we deserve life, since we have a just cause.”

[/ QUOTE ]

link

Below is an interesting article by a "liberal Egyptial author" discussing how the education and propaganda the Palestinians are subjected to cause the horrific out of control violence we see in the terriories today - violence that is also directed at Palestinians themselves.

article

article re religious teaching in Pakistan

article re saudi school in the UK
Old 11-29-2007, 07:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh. For several centuries, Europe was a backwards shithole and the Muslim world was where most math/astronomy was developed, AFAIK.

[/ QUOTE ]

The real reason for the crusades was to keep the Arabs from outteching us.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:13 AM

Abbas and Ohlmert might very well reach some sort of agreement. Of course Hamas controlled Gaza won't be part of the agreement. I don't think that much of what Felix is proposing is even being contemplated by Israel.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:19 AM

There has always been a very small percentage of people in Israel that advocate what the OP says. They have virtually no support whatsoever and these ideas have never been considered in official government circles.

If I remember correctly, this was petty much the view of the Kach political party that was banned in Israel in the late 80s.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Im sure that they dont like arabs. Most people wouldnt if they lived through the intifada when over a thousand civilians were murdered inside Israel

[/ QUOTE ]

So, you sympathize with israeli hatred of palestinians, because so many israeli civilians have been killed, but you condemn palestinian hatred of israelis because...?

Are you not aware that the IDF has killed thousands of palestinian civilians?
Old 11-29-2007, 10:01 AM

I fully understand the Palestinian hatred of Israelis. I also understand the Israeli hatred of Palestinians. I dont see what its so hard for you to understand this. It is to be expected that each side largely hates each other.

You have your opinion of who is in the wrong in the bigger picture, I have mine. That dosnt make any difference to my ability to understand the other sides grievances and i resent you implying that I blindly side with Israel. Regardless of your opinions on the cause of the conflict, do you not understand the hatred on both sides?

I have stated many times (in other threads) that I believe the only solution is for a Palestinian state to be created - im sure we differ regarding the timing and extent.

I dont condemn the hatred the Palestinians have for Israelis. I condemn their actions. I condemn the lies that they are taught, the dehumanisation of jews and the glorification of violence and death. Is this really controversial? Even if you are on the side of the Palestinians, do you not condemn this too? I believe that the indoctrination they receive makes terrorism inevitable and ultimately harms their cause - if they really want a state, blowing up kids waiting in line for a disco will only hurt them. Do you deny that the lies I posted earlier were made? Do you deny that their official media and religious figures constantly preach hatred and death?

And another thing, the Palestinians and many others in the arab world do not just demonise Israelis - whom they are in conflict with. They demonise Jews in general. Despite your views of the conflict, cant you agree that this is totally unneccesary and disgraceful?

Why does every thread on this issue have to degenerate into the sort of things that you posted? I am pro Israel, you are pro Palestinian. Fine. But I can fully understand the Palestinian hatred of Israel and you dont seem to understand the Israeli hatred of Palestinians, the differences in the actions of both sides and the non black and white nature of the conflict.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you not aware that the IDF has killed thousands of palestinian civilians?

[/ QUOTE ]

When you harbour criminals and terrorists you can often expect to suffer. And when you actively support them, you can usually be assured of suffering. Funny how that works.