Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION

Old 11-17-2007, 10:16 PM

Default stevea stats, quick review

Mat

I sent him a message, asking if he cares about remaining banned or not. If he doesn't respond this week, the new software will take care of that alias regardless.

Here's some quick stats-

LAST 2 MONTHS:

Total posts: 19

Gratutious link: 0

Semi-gratutious promo of his free tourney league website: 5

Non-important or off-topic reply: 1

On topic reply, not valuable: 9

Semi-valuable reply or better: 9

He made several posts linking to a picture of his chips, but they all fell within a relevant thread..... and chip-brags are a common, indeed welcome, attribute of Home Poker. None of the chip picture URLs show any links to his site at all, just the chip pictures.

I sent him a message, asking if he cares about remaining banned or not. If he doesn't respond this week, the new software will take care of that alias regardless.

4-2 MONTHS ago

Total posts: 11

Gratutious link: 2

Semi-gratutious promo of his free tourney league website: 1

Non-important or off-topic reply:

On topic reply, not valuable: 7

Semi-valuable reply or better: 4

12-4 MONTHS ago

Total posts: 30 (checked most recent 6)

Gratutious link/post: 3

Semi-gratutious promo of his free tourney league website: 2

Maybe he was getting bad, after all. I didn't pay much attention to his links, because I didn't use his site. I know a number of HP posters did use it, presumably for free....

I'll have more to question about the general idea here, in a separate post.
Old 11-17-2007, 10:28 PM

Default Re: stevea stats, quick review

LL,

I dunno, the fact that most of his posts pointed back to his site and didn't seem to contain too much other content just struck me as disingenuous. It would be one thing if it wasn't a conflict of interest and he had like 13K posts and once a month linked to his site, but even then I'm not sure. He strikes me as the type that is doing the same thing at P5s and elsewhere. Even if he had 13K posts and 98% of them didn't point back to his site, is that even acceptable?

I don't read HP nearly as much as you do to know whether links like that are fine in that forum. However, I did think it needed to be looked at, and Mat decided it was over the line. Perhaps the guy can just be reined in by your gentle touch and considerable pull within the Home Poker communitah?
Old 11-26-2007, 09:57 PM

Default Re: Leggo Poker avatars

i think that this thread while nice and yay and all that and aejones is a good player yadda yadda is pretty obviously a no go. i would prefer if someone else handled it though. also, if this is decided to be a no go, i'd prefer if someone would let the leggo people know that it's a no go, and give them some form of verbal slap on the wrist at a minimum. perhaps say, oh i don't know, that continued outright spam will result in the removal of all leggo poker avatars, which are at the moment free advertising.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
result in the removal of all leggo poker avatars, which are at the moment free advertising.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought that was the decision already, that Tickner would be given some leeway but the rest had to go?
Old 11-26-2007, 10:04 PM

wait i should be removing all the LP avatars? there is a lot of them in the group of mttc posters
Old 11-26-2007, 10:04 PM

if that decision has been made already, it apparently at least hasn't gotten to everyone's favorite MTTC troll.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wait i should be removing all the LP avatars? there is a lot of them in the group of mttc posters

[/ QUOTE ]

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showth...=0#Post13094095

personally i think tickner/greg should be asked to have their army disarm rather than us do the dirtywork, i think thats a fair tradeoff in exchange for letting Tickner keep his logo.
Old 11-27-2007, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think that this thread while nice and yay and all that and aejones is a good player yadda yadda is pretty obviously a no go. i would prefer if someone else handled it though. also, if this is decided to be a no go, i'd prefer if someone would let the leggo people know that it's a no go, and give them some form of verbal slap on the wrist at a minimum. perhaps say, oh i don't know, that continued outright spam will result in the removal of all leggo poker avatars, which are at the moment free advertising.

[/ QUOTE ]

thoughts people?

also, thoughts on the LP avatars, as per TT's posts?

like i said, i think that aejones thread is clearly no good, but i'd really prefer not to be the person handling it.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

thoughts people?

also, thoughts on the LP avatars, as per TT's posts?

like i said, i think that aejones thread is clearly no good, but i'd really prefer not to be the person handling it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh, yeah you beat me to the punch with linking this one. He didn't even try to toss in the link in an offhand manner towards the end, just BAM opened with it.

I actually signed up for leggo poker and plan to support them in the sense of watching the videos, (hint hint 2p2) but this blatant spamming is absurd and insulting.

Not to me personally of course but i'm seeing an abundance of people that owe their lives to 2p2 subsequently spitting in 2p2's face. I don't like it one bit.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:46 AM

I just got a pm
[ QUOTE ]

I got reamed by another mod, when I had a URL in my Avatar Image, and Loc.

I just saw someone else doing the same thing:

OMGuraBOT

[/ QUOTE ]

This is out of control, we need to take a hardline against this as it is unfair to our current advertisers.