Default ***OFFICIAL NBA2k8****

Lookin for some good pointers and tips.... I'm ok..nothing special

Alot of problems getting out of the double team...makes me want to kill someone
Old 11-13-2007, 12:13 AM

Default Re: ***OFFICIAL NBA2k8****

[ QUOTE ]
Alot of problems getting out of the double team...makes me want to kill someone

[/ QUOTE ]

You want to try and get it to he open man. You need to become familiar with player match-ups . . .

Know who's guarding who because if someone is double teaming, obviously someone is open on your side . . .

Regarding tips, I call each and every play from both sides of the ball on each possession. You'll have to decide what type of offense and defense you want to run. From there, you'll be able to determine who you want to guard and how you'll approach the offense with your user controlled player (on defense) . . .

I use "sag off" on the player I'm controlling while focusing on their scorers with "play tight." Watch and see if the player your playing against is able to break that player off on the dribble. If he's able to do that, you'll have to go back to "auto" or utilize a "double team."

I'm usually the center in a "2-3 zone." I don't know if that'll work for you. The problem I have at times is with the user controlled team's AI in rotation . . .

Anyway, if you want to play a game. Add me to your friends list and we can go through a game together.

xbl: i reo i
Old 11-13-2007, 02:39 AM

That sounds cool... I maybe made it seem like I'm worse than I am tho... I'm familiar with player matchups and open man... I jus mean when i get sandwiched by two guys i can't pass the ball to anybody, or even call a timeout... very annoying

but ya I'll put you on my xbox live
Old 11-13-2007, 09:59 PM

I swear I'll never win a dunk contest. I always screw up . . .

Tips regarding the dunk contest would be appreciated. I find them impossible to do in "dunk mode" . . .
Old 11-14-2007, 01:41 AM

If you go for a double team and press the 'X' button, it will result in a steal 100% of the time, and you can't do anything about it.

So, the solution is to not let them double team you. You have to keep your guys spaced on the floor well. Go to options and change "run the play" from Manual to Auto if your opponent is constantly double team-stealing on you. Otherwise just be aware of when he is roaming with someone and make the pass before he gets to you.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you go for a double team and press the 'X' button, it will result in a steal 100% of the time, and you can't do anything about it.

So, the solution is to not let them double team you. You have to keep your guys spaced on the floor well. Go to options and change "run the play" from Manual to Auto if your opponent is constantly double team-stealing on you. Otherwise just be aware of when he is roaming with someone and make the pass before he gets to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm so gay that they did this but whatever i'll work with it... when your double teaming someone just press X and u steal it automatically... press it multiple times or once?