7 6 18.18%
8 6 18.18%
9 7 21.21%
10 11 33.33%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-14-2007, 02:17 PM

Default Re: The Rivalry

[ QUOTE ]
Pretty awesome doc (non mich/osu fan), really enjoyed it, too bad this thread is full of retarded arguing.

Did the reporter with the uneven goatee send anyone else on tilt?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, he wasn't too bad.

The only thing that tilted me was that Ohio State alums/fans had 3 or 4 analogies that made no sense. If I rewatch it then I'll post them here. Probably hick quotes that you only get if you're a Buckeye fan.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:21 PM

those buckeye hogs singing that one don't give a damn song made me lol outloud
Old 11-14-2007, 02:22 PM

also the redneck go bucks guy was hilarious
Old 11-14-2007, 02:23 PM

Tosu dans: "[censored] you Desmond!!"

Desmond: "Thank your"
Old 11-14-2007, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Pretty awesome doc (non mich/osu fan), really enjoyed it, too bad this thread is full of retarded arguing.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, he wasn't too bad.

The only thing that tilted me was that Ohio State alums/fans had 3 or 4 analogies that made no sense. If I rewatch it then I'll post them here. Probably hick quotes that you only get if you're a Buckeye fan.

[/ QUOTE ]

The one objection I heard (and I have yet to see it) is that, from about 1990 on, they focused solely on the Buckeyes, the horror of the Cooper Era and rebirth under Tressel. This is a reasonable storyline, I guess, but they could probably have also focused on the season-saving joy that 95 and 96 brought and the lead-in to the great 97 season. Also, no one talked to Carr, and if I understand correctly this was simply because they didn't contact him, despite him being 1) the current coach and 2) being on the sidelines since 1980. I realize Lloyd is not the most open with the media but I think he could give some interesting thoughts on the rivalry.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, he wasn't too bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

The one objection I heard (and I have yet to see it) is that, from about 1990 on, they focused solely on the Buckeyes, the horror of the Cooper Era and rebirth under Tressel. This is a reasonable storyline, I guess, but they could probably have also focused on the season-saving joy that 95 and 96 brought and the lead-in to the great 97 season. Also, no one talked to Carr, and if I understand correctly this was simply because they didn't contact him, despite him being 1) the current coach and 2) being on the sidelines since 1980. I realize Lloyd is not the most open with the media but I think he could give some interesting thoughts on the rivalry.

[/ QUOTE ]

They did mention the 91 and 95 games. that was it. I actually remember being shocked there wasn't even any mention of the 100th meeting in 2003.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:53 PM

Yeah, I was very surprised that there was no mention of Lloyd Carr in the documentary. He's kind of an important part of this rivalry, as he's been on the sidelines for 27 years.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:10 PM

The documentary really stopped caring after Woody's death, really. It mentioned Cooper in passing and Tressel for a little bit, but it devoted a ton of time to 1968-1978, for obvious reasons, and after it lost it's "main character" in Woody it kind of just flash forwarded to today.