Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

View Poll Results: 1 WR
Randy Moss @Seattle 3 27.27%
Lee Evans vs. GB 4 36.36%
Joe Horn @Tampa 4 36.36%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-17-2007, 12:42 AM

Default Re: PokerFink\'s 2007 NFC Rankings (Week 6)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Little worried for the Skins. Thats now 2 games they have just simply given away. They SHOULD be undefeated now. I don't get how they let the Packers win, just like I don't get how they let the Giants win. They completely dominated the first half of both games, and the defense still played well, but the offense just completely collapsed. This loss especially may be the loss that keeps them from the playoffs.

[/ QUOTE ]
It might be because I'm a Packer fan, but I don't understand how the Skins should have won. The refs literally stole 2 TDs from the Pack. You were lucky it was as close as it was.

[/ QUOTE ]
Skins had more first downs (18-13), yards (301-225), and time of possession (32:48-27:12). Jason Campbell outplayed Brett Favre (21/37, 217 yards, 1 td 1 int + a rush td vs 19/37, 188 yards, 2 ints). But the Redskins had more penalties and had those fumbles, basically giving the game away despite outpaying Green Bay on both sides of the ball.

[/ QUOTE ]
Again, I think the reason the stats look so close is because you guys got (at least) two absolute gifts from the refs. Favre looks a lot better if his stats are 21-39 for 260 yds and 2 TDs (never mind that he might not throw one of those 2 picks if they're up two scores). Can you at least agree that GB was robbed of those 2 tds?
Old 10-17-2007, 12:44 AM

Default Re: PokerFink\'s 2007 NFC Rankings (Week 6)

Way to much complaining about "luck" and "giving games away." Getting beat when you should win a game multiple times isn't exactly a good sign...