Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker

Old 10-06-2007, 11:39 PM

Default Re: Poker After Dark thread (week of 10/1 - Poker Prowess)

I don't think Juanda played well HU, I think he was overaggressive with bad kind of trash. However, the way the deck kept hitting Clownie yet again was just amazing. She almost always started out with at least one high card, and almost always paired it on the flop.

No way could Juanda have done anything even if he played better. That said, Clownie played well, and deserves as much props as Lederer does for his second win with a similarly stacked deck.

BTW, I would be really surprised if there was no chop done during that coinflip hand for almost all of the chips, unless one of those two felt the need for action.
Old 10-07-2007, 02:30 PM

This week was severely boring. This is a side topic, but what the heck is up with the constant chip riffling by everyone at the table. Everyone was doing it non-stop, especially Annie Dudke. I mean, chip riffling is fun every once and awhile, but I can't see doing it incessantly like that. Once you notice it, and focus on it, it becomes so annoying you have to stop watching completely.
Old 10-07-2007, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What's the deal with people bashing Clonie's looks? She's pretty cute for being in her mid-30's.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is obviously a good argument, but if you stick her in a room with one hundred other women her age, she's one of the top five, and it's not even close.
Old 10-07-2007, 09:55 PM

There is something weird about Clonie. Does anyone who actually knows her know what that is?
Old 10-08-2007, 02:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This week was severely boring. This is a side topic, but what the heck is up with the constant chip riffling by everyone at the table. Everyone was doing it non-stop, especially Annie Dudke. I mean, chip riffling is fun every once and awhile, but I can't see doing it incessantly like that. Once you notice it, and focus on it, it becomes so annoying you have to stop watching completely.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm you don't play live much do you? It's almost always constant at live tables...

Anyone else think that Clonie Gowen gets too little credit on 2+2 for her tourney play? She got hit with the deck but I do not see her make many mistakes.. She was a cash game donk on cash poker tho
Old 10-08-2007, 09:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is obviously a good argument, but if you stick her in a room with one hundred other women her age, she's one of the top five, and it's not even close.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow...this thread has gotten off track, but I just can't stop looking! But, seriously, you think she'd be in the top 5%?? From where are you pulling these random women?

To me, she has (sometimes) nice-ish hair and white-ish teeth, but the rest of her is disturbing to look at. She looks like she doesn't eat, but with those skinny little twig arms, she probably can't lift a very big sandwich, so that might have something to do with it.

Ya know, maybe it's in bad taste that I even kid around about this because, honestly, she looks ill. I sincerely hope her health is intact. A poker lifestyle can be stressful enough, and we all know how "celeb" women are "supposed" to look, and the problems associated with that unreasonable expectation.