Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit

Old 09-21-2007, 09:52 AM

Default random cards in the BB

No reads, PT out of action.

0.50/1.00 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, SB folds.

No aggression PF, and heck, I've been weak-ass all week, time to make a stand.

Turn: (3.75 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, MP1 calls.

I reckon I'm good, no-one raised me on flop, and I picked up a little something. I'll apply pressure again.

River: (5.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero ?

Holy Moe, made a straight. Haven't seen these little suckers for a while, but unfortunately a flush on the board. If some-one got lucky so be it, I bet.
Old 09-21-2007, 10:02 AM

Default Re: random cards in the BB

my guess is you are playing for half the pot and you don't have the nut so I call.

FWIW, my default line with TPWK (4+players) oop is to check the flop and raise a LP bettor, fold to an EP bettor.
Old 09-21-2007, 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
my guess is you are playing for half the pot and you don't have the nut so I call.

FWIW, my default line with TPWK (4+players) oop is to check the flop and raise a LP bettor, fold to an EP bettor.

[/ QUOTE ]

this flop looks like a lead out to me ... TPWK, BDFD, and weak BDSD

OP ... you might want to try and sexy the river

this guy could have called down with TP ... the only hands that beat you are back door flush (not too too likely) ... or T9 (somewhat likely)

you can include 'better' Queens, two pairs, and perhaps a set

as played on the river ... i'm not sure I want to put in 3+BBs on the river
Old 09-21-2007, 12:51 PM

I bet this flop too. SB checks, so he's probably not interested in the pot, 2 opponents remaining and you hold top pair.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:09 PM

I also lead this flop. Too often people who limp in are more than happy to give you the pot if they don't get a piece of it, with generally one who will call you down with bottom pair as long as a K or A doesn't hit.

FWIW, I think a split pot is most likely here, but I've seen this type of play with a rivered 2 pair as well.

I think you have to call. As an aside, if there had been the flush draw on the flop that would have come in on the river, I would have check/called, but with it being runner-runner, I'm more inclined to lead the river.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This line is fine, but I don't really like it here as there are only 2 players after us as we are mid pack. so I feel leading here is fine and hope to take it down now or get it HU.
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't like a sexy here because we're gonna chop a bunch and we have to fold to a 3bet. Also, a sexy here is never folding a better hand or one we are going to chop with so I'd say a sexy is spew here.
[ QUOTE ]

this guy could have called down with TP ... the only hands that beat you are back door flush (not too too likely) ... or T9 (somewhat likely)

[/ QUOTE ]

No matter what, I am not looking to get 3bets here.. which is why I don't like a sexy.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This line is fine, but I don't really like it here as there are only 2 players after us as we are mid pack. so I feel leading here is fine and hope to take it down now or get it HU.
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't like a sexy here because we're gonna chop a bunch and we have to fold to a 3bet. Also, a sexy here is never folding a better hand or one we are going to chop with so I'd say a sexy is spew here.
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No matter what, I am not looking to get 3bets here.. which is why I don't like a sexy.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah ... jumping the gun a little - i would like a some stats and a read first (just thinking out loud)

still think this is a good spot against a number of guys ... if the guy knows 'pot odds' then i like a sexy (he isn't calling with a gut shot in this spot)
Old 09-21-2007, 01:43 PM

lol you said sexy the river... after reading your post, I see that you meant the turn. A sexy on the turn is much better than on the river, but I still don't like it in this spot.