Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 08-31-2007, 05:36 PM

Default Re: PokerFink\'s 2007 NFC Rankings (Preseason)

I don't think Wade is too bad. Buffalo was 6-10 the year he before he took over. His biggest mistake was being seduced by Rob Johnson. That, along with the fluky terrible year Buffalo had on special teams in 2000 sunk him.

Re: Broncos. Saying that he wasn't as good as Shanahan afterwards is an example of exalting with faint criticism. The Broncos were 8-8 the year before he became head coach, but they were lucky to have such a good record--Pythagorean win total of 5.9.
Old 08-31-2007, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think Wade is too bad. Buffalo was 6-10 the year he before he took over. His biggest mistake was being seduced by Rob Johnson. That, along with the fluky terrible year Buffalo had on special teams in 2000 sunk him.

Re: Broncos. Saying that he wasn't as good as Shanahan afterwards is an example of exalting with faint criticism. The Broncos were 8-8 the year before he became head coach, but they were lucky to have such a good record--Pythagorean win total of 5.9.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't really look up the stats and considering that his a majority of his head coaching was done before I had Sunday Ticket means I'm relying on SI articles and Primetime to make a decision. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, but remember this sounds alot like the last two times he became a head coach. He puts together a good defense and the players all love him, then he bombs.
Old 08-31-2007, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
LOL @ Dallas #9, especially when you cite replacing Parcells vanilla 3-4 with Wade Phillips attacking 3-4 defense as a negative. I am also leery of Romo repeating his success, but with the weapons on that offense, he will at worst be a average to above average NFL QB.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dallas was very lucky with regard to injuries last year. They started the same offensive line in all 16 games which is quite uncommon and won't happen again.

[/ QUOTE ]

The same can be said of the eagles o line. I think Dallas should be ranked much higher, and I hate dallas more than any team. I am an eagles fan, and I think dallas is probably a little better than philly, and do not like this preseason love that philly is getting. Hopefully romo ends up sucking.
Old 08-31-2007, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dallas was very lucky with regard to injuries last year. They started the same offensive line in all 16 games which is quite uncommon and won't happen again.

[/ QUOTE ]

The same can be said of the eagles o line. I think Dallas should be ranked much higher, and I hate dallas more than any team. I am an eagles fan, and I think dallas is probably a little better than philly, and do not like this preseason love that philly is getting. Hopefully romo ends up sucking.

[/ QUOTE ]

As for injuries, Dallas didn't lose their star player for half the season, their best defensive lineman in week two, etc. Dallas was lucky with injuries everywhere, not just on the O-Line.

And I'm shocked that you think Dallas is better than Philly. They weren't better last year when Philly was playing Garcia, so what would make them better this year?