Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker

Old 07-29-2007, 12:37 AM

Default Hourly rate comparison, NLTRN turbo to NLCASH

I have discovered that I *really* don't like playing turbos, and I don't think it' just because I'm not very good at them yet, but because they really don't fit my style and the way I enjoy playing at all, because the blinds go up so damned fast.

Basically, there's a section of the HUSNGs that I'm pretty good at, and that I enjoy a lot, and a section that I don't enjoy, that I really suck at right now, and that I'm not sure I would enjoy even if I didn't suck.

On the other hand, I am trying to build my bankroll as agressively as possible, trying to build up enough to play a few world series events next year, if I don't manage to satellite in, and to feed my MTT obsession. So the hourly rate of turbos compared to the regulars is better, and worth the extra "work" to me.

However...

I've been dabbling a bit the past couple days in .5/1 HUNL cash tables, looking for people who have bought in for a half-buyin or less, and buying full against them. So far, over a *very* small number of sessions, I've been doing very well, busting every person I've played so far (although a couple times I had to rebuy to get my money back plus what they originally had at the table).

And yes, I realize that there are going to be evil-nasty-painful downswings too, but the point there is that my game seems to be good enough to take on the seemingly pretty fishy environment at the low limit Full Tilt HU tables.

But the real reason I'm thinking about switching is that HUCASH simply fits my playing style better, and is all-around just far more enjoyable for me.

So the question, obviously, is as far as hourly rate goes, how does .5/1 HUCASH (the highest I could possibly play, and I don't really even have a sufficient bankroll for that, with just 25 buyins, but I could switch back to HUSNGs if I had to in response to a downswing) compare to playing 55 turbos? Do you need multiple cash tables going to equal the hourly rate of single-tabling turbos?

If turbos really are the way to go for BR building, I'm willing to sacrifice a little bit of playing enjoyment for that, but if it's even close, there's a very good chance I'll never play another turbo.

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]