Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2007, 04:02 PM

Default 2.5x, half pot, and 2/3 pot buttons on full-tilt

Mods: before you move this post, I'm not posting it in the software forum because I'm not officially releasing this or anything. The folks on this forum have been helpful enough that I wanted to offer it to anybody here who's interested though. With that in mind, if you still think this forum is inappropriate, please feel free to move it. As if I could stop you anyway. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I wrote a quick-n-dirty addon for Full Tilt that adds buttons for 2.5x blind bet, 1/2 pot bet, and 2/3 pot bet.

The way it works is you run the mini-app, which is just a small dialog with an "Attach" button. Once your table is open, click the attach button, and then click anywhere on the table. The buttons will flash for a split second, and remain hidden unless the bet amount window is visible.

They work just like the pot bet button does, so you click the button, it puts the right amount into the bet window, and then you click the normalbet/raise button.

The 2.5x button is semi-configurable, in that you can double-click the button to cycle between 2.5, 3, and 4x. The buttons do obscure the time request button, but I think it's still clickable if you really need it. (I don't actually know for sure because I've never used my time bank)

I'm willing to email the .exe to anybody who PMs me asking for it.

Caveat #1: It comes as-is. It's worked well enough for me for over a month that the only change I've made to the code is making the 2.5x button configurable so I could use that button in MTTs where I normally do 3x, and 9 person sit-n-gos, where I'm thinking I should normally do 4x, although I haven't actually been doing that. Anyway, there's no support, and I'm not taking feature requests. (yes, a 3/4 pot would be nice too, but I'd either have to make all the buttons smaller, or take up even more screen real-estate). Well, ok, if you think of something that I really like and would use, I'd consider doing that, or if you're a very solid winning player/coach, and willing to trade coaching time for programming time, I'd consider that too. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Caveat #2: It does crash occasionally when you attach to a table. The crash is very infrequent, and doesn't cause any bad things to happen with the Full Tilt windows, you just won't have the extra buttons anymore. The solution is to just restart and reattach to all your active windows. It happens infrequently enough that I'm not planning on spending time to try to figure out what's going on.

Caveat #3: It is a compiled .exe, with all the dangers that come along with that. I haven't put any sort of trojan or keystroke logger in there, but I'd say the same thing even if I had, so if that scares you, then go without. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I can provide a visual studio 2005 project that would allow you to look at the code and compile your own .exe, but that would require you to actually be a semi-competent programmer yourself.

Caveat #4: I've had to verbally defend myself against bot accusations on at least two occasions, because I act quickly with weird (but consistent) bet values. For example, at the 10/20 level, my preflop raise on the button is 50, and a 2/3 pot continuation bet is 67. Do that a few dozen times, and people start to wonder. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Anyway, if you're still interested after all that, PM me an email address, and I'll email you the .exe.