Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy

Old 05-03-2007, 05:16 PM

Default Re: OT - Today, I am no longer a pro

[ QUOTE ]
If I had a family I would not consider playing poker as my source of income. You made the right choice, gl in the future.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well. . . I would again, but under completely different and much better circumstances.

When I made this "decision" however, there really was no other choice. I could continue working a high stress, low fun job for 60 hrs a week for under minumum wage, or play sit-n-gos. Obviously alot has changed in both the poker landscape and in my life over the last 9 months. Thankfully I am able to get back in the workforce and actually keep my paychecks, so there once again really isn't much of a choice in this decision. It is an absolute no-brainer.

Les
Old 05-03-2007, 05:51 PM

Default Re: OT - Today, I am no longer a pro

Les

I have read your post several times and like you I have a gentlesmans family much the same ages. I do not think that I would be able to play SNG's/Poker profitably under those circumstances. The fact that you even broke even speaks volumes for itself. Now that you have released the pressures that prevented you from playing your A game I think you will see the fruits of the last nine months pay dividends.
I wish you and your family all the best in the future.

[ QUOTE ]
In mid 2006, the government decided they REALLLLLY wanted the taxes owed from the restaurant I co-owned and started a garnishment on my wages which reduced my bring home earnings to under 30% of what they were before. The earnings left over after the garnishment were not enough to pay the bills (I am married with 2 children).

[/ QUOTE ]

This actually frigthens me. Now I do not live in America but this is really scarey stuff. The federal Government clearly put the welfare of your family and particular your children at risk to some horrible scenarios just so that they could claw back some $$'s owed in taxes. This needs to be changed and only you and others can bring this change about.