Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 02-28-2007, 12:54 PM

Default Ultimate Bet withdrawal short $25

I requested an amount over $2000 in order to get free courier service. I guess they are no longer doing this?

I also received a check from the German bank via snail mail, for $25 less than my cashout.

I have emailed UB, but have not had no response in the past to email correspondence, so I'm not holding my breath.
Old 02-28-2007, 02:58 PM

Default Re: Received very strange check from Absolute

I just got the same type of check from Absolute as well. My bank wouldn't cash it and told me I'd have to take it to collections which would be a fee of at least $100. Sounded like BS to me, but that's what they said. They said if I was in Germany I could cash it. I don't understand, don't international checks get processed daily? I don't know what to do and was hoping someone here would have some advice.
Old 02-28-2007, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just got the same type of check from Absolute as well. My bank wouldn't cash it and told me I'd have to take it to collections which would be a fee of at least $100. Sounded like BS to me, but that's what they said. They said if I was in Germany I could cash it. I don't understand, don't international checks get processed daily? I don't know what to do and was hoping someone here would have some advice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Speak to a supervisor or get a new bank.

All, checks are checks. As long as it is from a legit bank in a first world country, it doesn't matter what country it comes from. This one even happens to have a branch in New York. A hold is one thing, refusal is ridiculous.

I suspect many of you look like kids trying to pull a fast one or at least that's what the teller sees. Don't be afraid. Get a supervisor, tell them it's a legitimate check from a legitimate business transaction and you want it deposited. Again, there may be a longer than normal hold but it should be taken.
Old 02-28-2007, 03:30 PM

I've gotten the same thing for $5K...about 1 week ago, cashed it, and it already cleared.
Old 02-28-2007, 03:33 PM

Sounds like no one is having a problem with these checks but me. The teller seemed like she didn't know what to do, so she brought over the supervisor...maybe she didn't like the look of me. I don't know.
Old 02-28-2007, 03:39 PM

Check Information
Old 02-28-2007, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Speak to a supervisor or get a new bank.

All, checks are checks. As long as it is from a legit bank in a first world country, it doesn't matter what country it comes from. This one even happens to have a branch in New York. A hold is one thing, refusal is ridiculous.

I suspect many of you look like kids trying to pull a fast one or at least that's what the teller sees. Don't be afraid. Get a supervisor, tell them it's a legitimate check from a legitimate business transaction and you want it deposited. Again, there may be a longer than normal hold but it should be taken.

[/ QUOTE ]

Collections is what a bank does for international checks. The bank sends check to forgien bank to be paid ie collected. Once the bank gets money from bank they give it to you. This is a standard banking practice and takes time. Not regulated by government as to time frame like US checks. This is why regs were written regarding time frames for US banks. Banks used to make funds availale when they felt like it.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:20 PM

if these idiot tellers ask you what its from tell them its a commission check from a brokerage in europe, or from a trust account that your uncle handles for you...

these bank tellers are a fkn joke, its not their job to be giving funny looks at people and prying into where the money came from anyway... the checks the sites are sending out are all golden, just go into the bank with that attitude and your fine...
Old 02-28-2007, 07:09 PM

I deposited mine at my local bank without any problems. I didn't get one of the regular tellers, there are only 3, I got one of the loan officers. It was around noon so I think some of the regular tellers were at lunch. Again, very small bank only one branch in a town of about 600 people I got greeted by my first name when I came.

Good Luck
Old 02-28-2007, 07:14 PM

The teller I usually use at my local Credit Union is a younger blonde woman who actually plays very casually on Full Tilt. She knows that I am cashing checks form Poker sites and has never once gave me a hard time. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

She does always harass me about how I am doing online and if I will ever be on TV. WTF is up with everyone thinking that if you play online poker you are gonna be on TV someday?

-Brendan