Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2006, 11:39 AM

Default Why PokerTracker Is Worthless To Me

I finally downloaded the PokerTracker demo for Omaha. Impressive instant results, but I have a major problem here.

Why is it that the maker of this software, or any for that matter, assume that you either play hold em, OR omaha, OR stud/razz? It's bad enough I'm expected to buy 3 programs to track these things, but even if I did, I would have no idea how to separate my tournament summaries to the different programs. I just did a sample with the demo, using a last100 tournaments email from Stars, and instead of ignoring non-omaha tournaments, it took anything not recognized and made it Limit Omaha Hi.

I just want to track my performance in tournaments. I don't need 400,000,000 hand histories. I want to chart HORSE, Razz, PLO8, O8, and the occasional hold em game. With what everyone says is the gold standard of record keeping, PokerTracker, I can't come close to doing this.

I downloaded Tournament Tracker, and in that world, no one plays anything but hold em.

I have to finally conclude that the program I want does not exist and I had better figure out how to make a database on my own. The closest thing I ever found was a free palm OS application where you could enter your own fields for game. I now have an old database in my PDA that I don't know how to extract data from, and 38 pages of one-line text notes of tournaments I did in my own shorthand to enter into a decent database down the road. I still haven't found what I'm looking for.

Just venting. Anyone else in a similar predicament?
Old 12-20-2006, 01:18 PM

Default Re: Why PokerTracker Is Worthless To Me

Thanks for sharing
Old 12-20-2006, 02:55 PM

Sharing is caring.
Old 12-20-2006, 03:13 PM

Your profile comprises less than 1/10th of 1% of the industry market.

Simple as that...
Old 12-20-2006, 03:22 PM

Your post is worthless to me
Old 12-20-2006, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I downloaded Tournament Tracker, and in that world, no one plays anything but hold em.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi,

I'm the author of Tourney Manager which I think is what you are talking about here. As a software developer you need to make lots of decisions - adding support for all of the games you are talking about on all of the sites I support would take at least 40-50 hours of very solid work just off the top of my head. I doubt more than a half dozen people would even want this.

So, end result for me is

1) much < McDonalds in terms of hourly rate
2) Lots of additional complexity and potential for bugs not only in new code but also in existing code for functionality that will be used by say 1% of my users
3) The biggest of all, a huge opportunity cost. In 40 hours I could add so much amazing functionality that would benefit almost all of the people that are using my software.

So, this doesn't solve your problem but hopefully it gives you a different perspective.

Roy