Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-11-2007, 11:37 AM

Default Moving up on Full Tilt - 25NL to 50NL

So I was playing the 25NL and 60NL deep stacked for a while, solely on Full Tilt as that's the only place I have money.

I have now started to play the 50NL, and here's a few things I've noticed. Agree or disagree?

1. I think at this level there are still a lot of fish at the 6max and its easy to isolate and make money off of them, but I feel like there are a lot more competent players. I've seen a lot more TAG's, like the 20/18 type, which I don't necessarily like seeing compared to the 45/5 types. I've come across some players where I've said, wow this guy is really annoying being on my right, where as I never thought anything like that at 25NL. Maybe that's because I am not so good, i dont know.

2. Significantly more 3 betting. At points I get 3 bet light, which I would never see at 25NL. And in general players are much more aggressive with a definite awareness of position.

I'm not saying that beating it is difficult, I just started out and have been doing well so far, I just want to know if people are seeing the same types of things, and is it site based, ie are there people who play on full tilt and other sites at this level who think that full tilt is harder?

Thanks
duke