Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2007, 05:49 AM

Default trips+FD on turn

Game: 1,5/3 5-max (4 players)

Villain is usually a callingstation who plays to many hands and goes to far with them.

Hero is MP with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Hero: <font color="red"> raises to 2SB</font>
BTN: folds
SB: folds
BB calls

Flop: K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4SB)

BB: <font color="red">bets 1 SB </font>
Hero: <font color="red">raise 2 SB </font>
BB: calls

Turn: Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4BB)

BB: <font color="red"> bets 1BB </font>
Hero: <font color="red"> reraise 2 BB </font>
BB: <font color="red"> reraise 3 BB </font>
Hero:?

Can I get away from my trips and FD against this kind of action from a callingstation?
Old 07-10-2007, 05:55 AM

Default Re: trips+FD on turn

Eaasy cap and you cant ever fold. He will have worse trips often enough. If he has a boat or a flush you have a lot of outs. Very very very easy cap!
Old 07-10-2007, 06:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Can I get away from my trips and FD against this kind of action from a callingstation?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol?
Old 07-10-2007, 07:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Eaasy cap and you cant ever fold. He will have worse trips often enough. If he has a boat or a flush you have a lot of outs. Very very very easy cap!

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that I never can fold this, but I'm not sure I should cap this against a callingstation. I can't see a callingstation 3-bet this on turn without a flush or a boat. The only possible hand is the last queen, but I doubt he would 3-bet that with possible flush or boats out there.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that I never can fold this, but I'm not sure I should cap this against a callingstation. I can't see a callingstation 3-bet this on turn without a flush or a boat. The only possible hand is the last queen, but I doubt he would 3-bet that with possible flush or boats out there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you are playing against him and know him better. But if thats your read you should state that in the OP.

As a rule a calling station is bad at poker and plays back at the wrong times. Often they overplay hands in particular 2 pair and trips so I would expect all calling stations to go nuts with Qx in this spot because they suck at poker and they cant read boards/hands.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:22 AM

i don't think is a cap on the turn, can't we just raise the river if we improve and get the same number of bets.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As a rule a calling station is bad at poker and plays back at the wrong times. Often they overplay hands in particular 2 pair and trips so I would expect all calling stations to go nuts with Qx in this spot because they suck at poker and they cant read boards/hands.

[/ QUOTE ] In my world a callingstation is passive and does not give the kind of action we see here without a strong hand. Even a bad player should see that theres three hearts on the flop and he shows no fear of a flush. I don't say it's a easy call but I don't think it's a easy cap at all...
Old 07-10-2007, 03:16 PM

just callings fine esp if u literally never see him bet and raise, saying can u get away from it was probably just poor wording Im guessing. obviously the least we have to do here is call and call the river UI for when he has AQ Qx with a heart also.

often in my opinion the negative of capping is when behind we get punished by a cr on the river, but bad passives usually just donk out when ur beat on a blank river even if u cap so ur not likely to lose more on that street UI if u do cap vs if u dont against this type of player (obviously u will occasionally still tho get cr'd on a blank when u cap even by a station). If hed always ck call when u win after a cap and always bet when u lose (but wed still always call) capping would simply be a matter of whether we have 50% equity or not. I havent stoved it but we probably want atleast 60% to cap here, not sure if we have it or not.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:56 PM

i'd call here but I think it's closer than some say.

there may be some value in capping and checking behind against lots of players because most people aren't going to keep leading if you improve. it's a thin vb for a small flush if a heart/K/Q/5 slides off on the river, so it's actually pretty common for people to check to you on improvement even if you don't cap. also it's very tough for him to lead a blank river if you cap here unless he is full, but usually he just has a flush - so you're rarely losing more money with that line.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:53 PM

If he is that real passive calling station that crosses my mind I think he has KQ =) But if he just seems to be a loose player I guess he can have a lot of other stuff. But I def dont think this is a easy cap.