Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2007, 10:19 AM

Default Remodeled Go Rooms at flamingo

Anyone stayed in one of the remodeled Go Rooms at the Flamingo?

I'll be there next month with the wifey and thought I would give it a try. Last month for event 38 stayed at Harrah's and was pleasently surprised with my room but I need a nicer pool for my wife to hang out at while I'm playing, plus I really like Flamingo's location.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:24 AM

Default Re: Remodeled Go Rooms at flamingo

Have read enough trip reports to know that the room is a little too pink, but nice, except they have a clear bathroom door, which is weird.
Old 07-11-2007, 03:52 PM

I will be staying there at the Flamingo this month. I will give a report when I get back. Anybody know any good places for dinner?
Old 07-12-2007, 10:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I will be staying there at the Flamingo this month. I will give a report when I get back. Anybody know any good places for dinner?

[/ QUOTE ]

The great thing about Flamingo is that you are right in the middle of everything. I stayed there in April and ate at the buffet twice and got a cheese burger at Jimmy Buffett's right next door. Both place are very good. I haven't been to any of the other restaurants on property.

Take a short walk to the left to Bally's and try their Steak House. Awesome..... and don't forget the crab legs appetizer. Also in Bally's there's a small Mexican grill in the back that I really like. I think it's called Tequila Grill?

Or make a right and walk a block to Harrah's. Their steak house is also very good and you have a great window seat looking over the strip. But my favorite place to eat at Harrah's is the oyster bar. Pull up a stool and watch them steam and shuck right in front of you.

On the cheap, there's a burger king and a subway in O'Shea's next door to the right.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:23 PM

Also an Outback just to the right.