Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2006, 08:54 PM

Default Chantel a hustler, too.

Yeah Chantal is a [censored] hustler too

From bracelet winner DanDruff on NWP:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am only holding back certain information because it was given to me in confidence, and not simply so I could run and post it on NWP. Why did I say anything at all? Because I wanted people to know that there was more to the story, but at the same time, I couldn't be the one to disseminate the info. I was hoping that the people actually involved would come forward eventually.

I will, however, post a Chantel story of my own. It's not particularly exciting (especially compared to the Brandi stuff currently going on), but some of you might find it mildly interesting.

As some of you probably know, Chantel and I became friends right around the time I first posted about her relationship with Dustin. We weren't best friends or anything, but we talked on the phone semi-regularly and talked a lot in IM. She also became friends with Miri, and we all hung out a few times in Vegas.

About a month later, there was an account named "actnjunkie" on Pokerstars. This account played 100-200, and the person behind it loved to talk trash to me. At first it started out as hand-related trash talk ("You suck, Druff", "You're such a donkey, Druff", etc.), but it got progressively nastier and personal as time went on. There wasn't an indication that the person actually knew me, but they were doing their best to make particuarly offensive comments about both me and Miri. This went on for about two weeks, and this person wouldn't leave me alone. I quickly wrote it off as being some immature 18-year-old punk who saw me either here or on TV, and just started ignoring them.

Finally, "actnjunkie" slipped up. The person on the account started with their usual nasty trash-talk, but followed it up with a very specific phrase that Chantel always used. I was shocked. Was it actually Chantel talking to me this way this whole time?

Before I could say anything further, someone IM'd me who had been watching. "You know who that is, right?"

I asked if it was Chantel. The person said that it was, and that she had been using that account for weeks.

I saw Chantel was on AIM, so I asked her about it. No response. I asked her again. No response. She wasn't listed as "idle", but I noticed that AIM sometimes mistakenly shows someone as being at the computer when they're really not. I asked a friend to IM Chantel and start a conversation with her, seeing if she responds. The friend did so, and indeed, Chantel answered that person's IMs while completely ignoring mine. That proved she was there and was simply avoiding answering me. That was all the proof I needed. Later I found out that Chantel made various people promise "not to tell Druff about the actnjunkie account" because she "talked a lot of really bad trash to him".

In Chantel's defense, she never once asked me for money. Never asked for a loan, never asked for a stake -- nothing. In fact, she completely paid for an expensive dinner when Miri and I went out with her and Dustin, refusing for anyone to put in their share.

However, perhaps that's because my situation was different than many other guys in poker. I've been in a 5 1/2 year relationship. I also have the reputation of being difficult to get money out of. She probably realized that it would be impossible to get anything out of me, so she never tried.

About a month later, I saw "actnjunkie" at the 100-200 on Stars. I hadn't seen the account there in some time, but I decided to sit down and say something.

"Are you going to be talking trash to me again, or is that only something you do when people don't realize who you are?", I asked sarcastically.

"This isn't who you think it is," actnjunkie responded.

actnjunkie went on to tell me that someone else was playing on the account -- a guy named "Kevin". Despite admitting that he had never met or spoken to me before, Kevin said he was "100% sure" that "she" (referring to Chantel, without ever saying her name) never talked trash to me. Kevin said that it was done by someone else on her account at the time -- a guy who disliked me. When I asked Kevin how he knew this, he said he was on the phone with her at the moment.

"So she's telling you this, but you have no information to back up what she's saying. How can you be 100% sure that she's telling the truth?", I asked.

"Because I also know who did it, and it's true that the person doesn't like you."

I asked how this "other person" used the exact same phrase that Chantel has used often. "Kevin" had no answer for that, but said, "She doesn't want this to be discussed in open chat. She wants you to call her."

"No thanks," I responded. "I am not in the mood to hear a bunch of lies. Bye." And with that, I left, and have not spoken to Chantel since.

Boring story? Perhaps. I know... it lacked sex, money, drugs, penises on the back, latex allergies, and bathroom messages written in blood. However, it does say a bit about Chantel's character. She portrayed herself as my friend and was always sweet as pie when she talked to both me and Miri. Once under an account I didn't know was hers, she repeatedly said nasty and offensive things about both of us. That's not a trustworthy person in my book, and anyone like that needs to be watched closely.

The end.

http://www.neverwinpoker.com/phpnuke...-31724-15.html
Old 12-20-2006, 08:56 PM

Default Re: Chantel a hustler, too.

Old 12-20-2006, 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ahhhahhahaha
Old 12-20-2006, 08:57 PM

boooooooooooring
Old 12-20-2006, 08:58 PM

dan druff is such a nerd
Old 12-20-2006, 09:10 PM

I respect his ability and belive him generally but can't you pick a better name than Dan Druff lol. It's like we see it so much we accept it as being normal haha.
Old 12-20-2006, 09:10 PM

yves, Yeti, B:

I predict a more exciting Chantal thread in the near future.
Old 12-20-2006, 09:14 PM

here's hoping.
Old 12-20-2006, 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yves, Yeti, B:

I predict a more exciting Chantal thread in the near future.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it ain't n00dz, it ain't [censored].
Old 12-20-2006, 09:22 PM

watch out for chantall she's a hustlerrrrrr