Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2007, 01:31 AM

Default 25NL - AA against a guy that plays everything

He's 90/36. I was really unhappy on the turn, but with the money as it was I didn't feel like I could get out of this.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($50.25)
Hero ($25.40)
BB ($25.25)
UTG ($41.35)
MP ($66.75)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $2.25</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $5</font>, MP calls $2.75.

Flop: ($10.25) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $7.5</font>, MP calls $7.50.

Turn: ($25.25) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $12.9 (All-In)</font>, MP calls $12.90.

River: ($51.05) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $51.05
Old 05-30-2007, 01:32 AM

Default Re: 25NL - AA against a guy that plays everything

The reraise preflop should be around 7$, but i think he would call a push also.
as played bet 8.50$ on the flop and push the turn.
Old 05-30-2007, 01:39 AM

MP is 90/36 and limp re-raised. I expect him to call preflop shove 99.99% here. It seems excessive but also looks like AK.
Old 05-30-2007, 01:48 AM

Alright so you guys are thinking I shove over his bet of $2.25 and he calls? I avoid this move like always because I'm terrified of them folding when I could get their stack with a smaller raise. Is the theory here that the times they fold are made up for by the huge money made when they don't fold?
Old 05-30-2007, 01:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Alright so you guys are thinking I shove over his bet of $2.25 and he calls? I avoid this move like always because I'm terrified of them folding when I could get their stack with a smaller raise.

[/ QUOTE ]Limp re-raise is 99+, AK (probably). Something good. His VPIP is 90. He's not laying down. Obviously don't shove against tighter players. I would be totally shocked if he folded a push. That's not even imaginable unless your sample size HH is less than 15.
Old 05-30-2007, 01:55 AM

Really bad preflop reraise. You raised 5Xbb with your first raise after he limped, which is fine. Then he minraised you. Then you minraised him. I don't think I have ever done that. Certainly not in the past three years.

So he has seen you raise him twice? What can he put you on? For most players it is AA, KK, maybe QQ. Probably not AK.

Now he must call your preflop bet. He will happily do this with any pocket pair. He got in a great situation where he has a really good idea what you have, and you don't know what he has. And at the time of your preflop raise, it is only going to cost him another $2.75 into a now $10 pot.

He has great implied odds. A good player would be very happy to call the $2.75 with any two cards knowing they would have a great chance to stack you.

If you had re-re-raised another $8 - $10, he would not have any odds to call. Then he would have made the mistake. If he called and you still lost, at least you would know that you played it correctly, and over time you will come out ahead in this situation.

If he folds, you pick up his money, which is not a bad situation. $2.25 in 25NL is not a bad hand.
Old 05-30-2007, 01:56 AM

Hmmm alright. I play against people all the time that have large VPIP but won't call bets/raises hardly ever. Maybe it's one of those situations where I'm only remembering the unfavorable results.
Old 05-30-2007, 02:00 AM

Whether or not they call one time or the other is fairly irrelevant, whats important is that you play the hand correctly every time.

Which certainly does not include min-re-re-raising. Put a real raise in, if he has a real hand your still crushing him &amp; if he wants to suck out make him pay &amp; with stats like that it certainly looks like he'll be keen to.

KQo or something right? :P
Old 05-30-2007, 02:04 AM

I understand what you're saying...but I think you are giving WAY too much credit to a guy with his stats. I think it's highly likely that a guy who is 90VPIP is not thinking at all about what I have and has never even heard of implied odds. Maybe he accidentally makes the right play here with huge odds.

My main concern here is trying to get all his money in. Whatever play makes that more likely to happen seems best. If I reraise to $10, it seems even easier for him to recognize he's lost and fold. I don't know. Maybe I'm wrong. If so, I want to be convinced.
Old 05-30-2007, 02:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My main concern here is trying to get all his money in. Whatever play makes that more likely to happen seems best. If I reraise to $10, it seems even easier for him to recognize he's lost and fold. I don't know. Maybe I'm wrong. If so, I want to be convinced.

[/ QUOTE ]
What did he have? I suspect he would have called.