Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2006, 12:52 AM

Default Trip Report: Salvia

Drove with my buddy to this shop about 20 minutes from my house to get it today. It's a record store, of all places. 10x extract, 30 bucks a gram. The lady at the counter described what to do: Put a little into a bowl. Take one hit, hold it in as long as you can, exhale. So a bunch of us tried it. Interestingly enough, we all had different results.

Me: Completely gone. Falling, trapped, hallucinating, twisted vision. Totally out of reality for a good 5 minutes. Probably the most intense experience of my life. I've only done weed and alcohol previously though.

Friend 1: Nothing. However, he has never been able to get high from pot either. Dunno wtf is wrong with him.

Friend 2: First one to take a hit. Was out of touch for maybe a minute, and then became relatively normal. Felt really relaxed and saw colors blurring together a little.

Friend 3: Tripped the most out of all of us. Started laughing nonstop for a while after his hit. Said he saw visions of monsters and fighting them. Took the longest to get back to reality.

Friend 4: My regular weed smoking buddy. Didn't feel much at first, but when we turned off the lights and tried it again later, saw some visions.

Based on this experience and researching online, it isn't really a recereational drug. Can't do it with a bunch of people at a party or anything; it just ruins it. At one point, I was flipping out at my friends because they were making too much noise and wouldn't let me concentrate on getting into the trip. It seems like it's best to do with a close friend or two, just sitting in a dim lit room, and relaxing. Maybe have a little bit of music in the backround, not too loud though.

I will say that comparing the salvia to my experiences with weed, I can't believe that something like this is legal.
Old 06-04-2006, 01:14 AM

Default Re: Trip Report: Salvia

There have been a couple of threads on this in the past as well...

I also tried some recently as our local hookah bar sells it, and we picked up some on the way out. I personaly didn't really "trip" per say, it just felt like a really intene buzz and I my vision blurred slightly.
Old 06-04-2006, 01:44 AM

It's 30 bucks a gram and you only get high for 5 minutes? What a rip off.
Old 06-04-2006, 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't forget that it only takes one hit to get high. We each tried it twice, and only about a third of it is gone.
Old 06-04-2006, 02:27 AM

The salvia trip doesn't even really come into it's own without a torch lighter. Seriously. If you had the consciousness to tell your friends to behave, you are missing out on the real deal.
Old 06-04-2006, 03:43 AM

You have to make sure you use a torch lighter. If the flame is not hot enough you won't feel the effect as much.
Old 06-04-2006, 03:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't forget that it only takes one hit to get high. We each tried it twice, and only about a third of it is gone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does it work like shrooms whereas you get a tolerace to it quickly ie you can't do it consecutive days in a row and expect to get high?
Old 06-04-2006, 03:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Does it work like shrooms whereas you get a tolerace to it quickly ie you can't do it consecutive days in a row and expect to get high?

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not believe this is true, but I remember reading about this mentioned specifically. Either it definetly did get weaker or it definetly didn't.

I think the big thing is mentally being able to handle what happens, not physically, which would go a long way towards making its effects much more tolerable.
Old 06-04-2006, 06:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Friend 1: Nothing. However, he has never been able to get high from pot either. Dunno wtf is wrong with him.

[/ QUOTE ]

he's probably inhaling only into his mouth taking it like a cigar. You gotta tell him that he needs to breathe into it like he's a scuba diver and that's his breather.
Old 06-04-2006, 07:18 AM

my trip was fun, I fought a tree