Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 05:44 AM

Default 87s turn move vs 2+2er and tilting LAG

SB is 2+2er and we know each other well. 24/17/1.9

CO is 47/28/1.2 over a smallish sample. He has shown definite tilting tendencies. In the previous hand he lost a huge set over set pot vs the 2+2 guy.

PokerStars $5/$10 Limit Hold'em - 4 players
Hand Converter Tool from DeucesCracked.com

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
CO calls, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#FF0000">SB 3-bets</font>, BB folds, CO calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10.00 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">SB bets</font>, <font color="#FF0000">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#FF0000">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#FF0000">CO caps!</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (11.00 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#FF0000">CO bets</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises</font>
Old 11-14-2007, 05:55 AM

Default Re: 87s turn move vs 2+2er and tilting LAG

I really dont like this. What do you put him on? Air?
Old 11-14-2007, 06:00 AM

Well.

If you think SB folds an overpair it could be ok I guess.

Also if you just call its likely that SB raises behind you anyway. With your OESD you cant fold on this turn so I think you might as well give it a go and see if SB can fold his KK or whatever.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well.

Also if you just call its likely that SB raises behind you anyway. With your OESD you cant fold on this turn so I think you might as well give it a go and see if SB can fold his KK or whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

I cant imagine KK raising the turn after the flop action and this card peeling off. If anyone is gonna be raising it will be CO and we will be paying 3bbs hopefully drawing to better than a chop.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I cant imagine KK raising the turn after the flop action and this card peeling off. If anyone is gonna be raising it will be CO and we will be paying 3bbs hopefully drawing to better than a chop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given the description of the tilting LAG I would pop TT+ behind if Efficacy just calls this turn. Thinking I beat Efficacy almost always and that the tilting guy has something dumb quite often.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:18 AM

My biggest problem is that "something dumb" is all over this board. I guess my experience is that every time I try this type of squeeze the lag has me crushed. I would like this play for a board with a little different texture and I would probably play TT+ the same way as you, but the lag will be 3betting with alot of hands that beat us not just sets and straights so I would let sb in for a little overlay rather than get head up with a likely better hand that will go crazy. It would also be different if there is some kind of hand that we could put CO on and that would go crazy on this flop and the only thing I could think of is 89.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:21 AM

Well, I think you have to be ahead of CO a decent % of the time in order for you to pull this off.

Thats something youd have to asses from the tables.. How often is he going to show up with like KJ here?
From the looks of it, it looks like he either hit his straight, has two pair or a set... You're going to have to put in a lot of bets against these hands to get to showdown.

However, I think a thinking TAG 2+2 will fold an overpair a lot here (not all the time/everyone) so that move in of itself is good...

Im just not convinced your beating CO enough AND 2+2er will fold enough for you to risk like 4BB in a pot you are clearly losing to the 2+2er.

What was the nature of the tiltings LAG spews? Was it in multiway pots too?

My guess is you should just call and fold the river UI.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:29 AM

Good points Mitch

If I am confident i can see the river for 1 BB I like calling more than raising.

I think I am pretty much agreeing with you and Heis here.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:12 PM

This hand looks familiar. Was I SB? As you know I played at several of your tables for a while, efficacy.

On the other hand, I don't think I ever set-over-set anyone last night, because that would mean I would have actually won a pot, something that never happened in 300 hands that session.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:15 PM

This is bad IMO