Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 08:41 PM

Default Re: AP thread 872.6 - Statement ITT

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ike,

I didn't mean to be a dick. Just wanted to point out that your decision to not go back might be easier and prove more correct if you consider that just as many fish as sharks are going to leave because of this scandal. If not a greater percentage.

[/ QUOTE ]
you are assuming that this info is equally distributed among players, this is obv not true.

[/ QUOTE ]

What percentage of 5-10+ players do you think will be unaware of the situation in a month? I would say 25% of them not knowing would be generous.

[/ QUOTE ]

well considering I'm looking at who is playing 5/10+ right now and its all fish, I'm thinking youre wrong
Old 10-21-2007, 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What a damn shame that Oscar Hilt Tatum's mother in law has to be associated with this creep (and his friends) for the rest of her life. Shame on all of you (That's you Oscar...and your frat Buddies).

http://www.sptimes.com/2006/webspeci...de/index.shtml

[/ QUOTE ]

"St. Petersburg Times art critic Lennie Bennett's chronicling her adventures as mother of the bride. Her daughter will marry Oscar Hilt Tatum IV on Dec. 16"

nice.
Old 10-21-2007, 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The PPA is a political organization designed to fight for our legal right to play poker. I do not believe they are intended to be an industry watchdog. Do you think they should take over the role of the Nevada Gaming Commission as well?

[/ QUOTE ]

"WHO IS THE POKER PLAYERS ALLIANCE?
The Poker Players Alliance is a nonprofit membership organization comprised of poker players and enthusiasts from around the United States who have joined together to speak with one voice to promote the game, ensure its integrity, and, most importantly, to protect poker players' rights."

That's from their own webpage.

If they are simply a political lobbying organization, they should say so, and people paying their dues should be informed that the PPA is not concerned with anything in poker besides the game's legality in the US.

I guarantee you that the vast majority of the 800,000+ members thought they were joining an organization that would have stepped up and intervened in a major, widespread matter like this.

[/ QUOTE ]
Umm, they are lobbying for out right to play Dan, not to be a regulatory agency
Old 10-21-2007, 08:44 PM

Few Things:

1. Greg Raymer is a big member in the PPA. Why has he not posted on here about this issue or gotten the PPA involved??? I realize he is also employed by Stars, but making sure that Absolute is held fully responsible should be as big a deal to Stars and FTP than to us. The reputation of online poker in the publics eye is on trial here.

2. Honestly we will never know the whole truth. The question becomes this: Are 2+2 players going to sacrifice some potential money that they earned in rakeback/bonuses in order to show Absolute that we mean business. As people have noted over and over, ever since this happened, the amount of players at Absolute has not decreased. Until we take the moral high ground and show AP that we have the ability to hurt them financially, why should the come clean?

So its up to everybody to decide, is it about the money or about a clean game?
Old 10-21-2007, 08:44 PM

Someone go dig up that article about Scott Tom's first airplane mishap -- the one where the plane skidded off the runway. I believe that occurred on September 4th.

The cheating is known to have occurred from August 20th to September 16th. September 4th is right in the middle of that timespan. I believe the article (from a Costa Rican newspaper) details Scott Tom's plane landing in Costa Rica at the time of the mishap.

Therefore, he wasn't in Panama the entire time this was happening.

Find the article again (it was posted here before), and there's your proof that AP is lying.
Old 10-21-2007, 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I repeat, N82 for MOD.

[/ QUOTE ]
I really want to be able to read the mod forum sometimes. Can anyone make this happen?

[/ QUOTE ]

PM Mat Sklansky.
Old 10-21-2007, 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Someone go dig up that article about Scott Tom's first airplane mishap -- the one where the plane skidded off the runway. I believe that occurred on September 4th.

The cheating is known to have occurred from August 20th to September 16th. September 4th is right in the middle of that timespan. I believe the article (from a Costa Rican newspaper) details Scott Tom's plane landing in Costa Rica at the time of the mishap.

Therefore, he wasn't in Panama the entire time this was happening.

Find the article again (it was posted here before), and there's your proof that AP is lying.

[/ QUOTE ]

may I just ask: what difference does it make if there's PROOF that AP is lying? Who is going to do What with this proof?
Old 10-21-2007, 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ike,

I didn't mean to be a dick. Just wanted to point out that your decision to not go back might be easier and prove more correct if you consider that just as many fish as sharks are going to leave because of this scandal. If not a greater percentage.

[/ QUOTE ]
you are assuming that this info is equally distributed among players, this is obv not true.

[/ QUOTE ]

What percentage of 5-10+ players do you think will be unaware of the situation in a month? I would say 25% of them not knowing would be generous.

[/ QUOTE ]

well considering I'm looking at who is playing 5/10+ right now and its all fish, I'm thinking youre wrong

[/ QUOTE ]

If somebody were going to shill for getting players back to AP i think they would do best to use replys similar to yours.

I'm wondering how somebody who uses EV calculations for their decisions as you do, would see benefit in constantly promoting the good qualities of such a fishy site on one of the most popular threads in one of the most popular poker forums.

Now i'm being a dick.
Old 10-21-2007, 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The PPA is a political organization designed to fight for our legal right to play poker. I do not believe they are intended to be an industry watchdog. Do you think they should take over the role of the Nevada Gaming Commission as well?

[/ QUOTE ]

"WHO IS THE POKER PLAYERS ALLIANCE?
The Poker Players Alliance is a nonprofit membership organization comprised of poker players and enthusiasts from around the United States who have joined together to speak with one voice to promote the game, ensure its integrity, and, most importantly, to protect poker players' rights."

That's from their own webpage.

If they are simply a political lobbying organization, they should say so, and people paying their dues should be informed that the PPA is not concerned with anything in poker besides the game's legality in the US.

I guarantee you that the vast majority of the 800,000+ members thought they were joining an organization that would have stepped up and intervened in a major, widespread matter like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

The name of the game for everyone involved in Poker is to keep the gravy train going without going to jail. To think that anyone would look out for others is absurd.

Poker is about taking other people's money. Not many people are willing to give up a gravy train in order to help someone else out. Demand refunds of your memberships, but do not expect people, many of whom have probably cheated at poker before, to take on a case that will bring negative publicity to their hopeful gravy train. It is all about money......PPA will do nothing substantial.

The game is poker and the name is MONEY.
Old 10-21-2007, 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ike,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If somebody were going to shill for getting players back to AP i think they would do best to use replys similar to yours.

I'm wondering how somebody who uses EV calculations for their decisions as you do, would see benefit in constantly promoting the good qualities of such a fishy site on one of the most popular threads in one of the most popular poker forums.

Now i'm being a dick.

[/ QUOTE ]
Youre an idiot, I'm probably not going back to AP despite "my EV calculations." Learn how to read, seriously. Also, continue blaming me for telling the truth. My posts in this thread will have 0 effect on anyone going back to abso or not.
Closed Thread