Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance

View Poll Results: Which is better?
(1) GoldenEye 75 70.75%
(8) Diamonds Are Forever 31 29.25%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 07:25 PM

Default Re: We win (AP Scandal v. 27)

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, I'm almost positive "SPONSOR" was a bot. He played a ton of high limit on ABS. I didn't report him for various reasons.

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt he was a bot.

Just seemed like an arrogant, hit-and-run a-hole.

The guy would often run after playing fewer than 10 hands and getting up by a small amount. That's actually counter-productive for a bot, which should get better as a larger number of hands against a player are in its history.

Jason on Full Tilt support said very cryptically in chat 2 days ago that UB was going down with AP. I think Tilt and Stars know alot and it wouldn't hurt to utilize contacts with them.

[ QUOTE ]
I have a question, where is the PPA in all this? Dont misunderstand me, the work that all involved have contributed has been exceptional. But whenever news organizations are interviewing people-they are individuals and for better or worse the PPA is really all we have. I understand they do not want to squander their resources in an investigation-but the bully pulpit is an effective tool. CP and Bluff also might devote more resources to investigating this if the only organization for card players at least came out with a statement.
Greg Raymer, I gotta ask, as a member of the PPA and a poster on 2+2, where are you? The pulpit is yours sir, start yelling.

[/ QUOTE ]

Greg Raymer's only response to all this (loosely paraphrased): "What?".

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Quote of Adam from P5's in the MSN Article :“I think that the reasons this got handled the way that it has, with a happy ending, is because the overwhelming majority of people in the industry … want things to be run in a fair and honest way,”

WTF?? Happy ending? Is he serious?

[/ QUOTE ]

This has been bothering me as well.

Adam lives in Costa Rica, visits the AP headquarters, meets the parties involved, AP posts a bunch of lies, and he then calls it a "happy ending"?

I'm just saying....

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, b/c adam was bought obv

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously not, but WTF?
Old 10-19-2007, 07:26 PM

God, the comments on the ABC news article are tilting me hard.

Face it, almost all of the name players that could lend credibility to our 'cause' are cashing in on their fame by being connected to an online site. None of them can comment without approval of their masters.

[ QUOTE ]
I know this is kinda obvious, but:

If the perpetrator(s) are in charge of Absolute, there is no way we're ever going to get a straight answer from Absolute. It's not like they're going to fire themselves, and it's not like management is going to issue a press release saying "we did it." This BS "evil geek" story gives me the feeling that the perp(s) are in fact in charge.

[/ QUOTE ]

100% true. I feel exactly the same way.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This was a surprisingly well written story, I really thought the mass media would butcher this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank Michael Brunker, the reporter. He's been working with me on this story for days and has been very understanding of the situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, they said pretty much what we all anticipated they would...question is, can it be disproven in part or whole?

[/ QUOTE ]

Whent they blame it on the "Geek" it makes me think of the "Gimp" from Pulp Fiction. In this case, the Geek got out of his box after hours (kept in Scott Tom's office) and used Tom's computer to do the cheating.

Case closed, the Geek framed Scott Tom.

[img]http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0Je5x.XPxlHO6EAjQSjzbkF/SIG=12a7i4ml5/EXP=1192923415/**http%3A//www.mwctoys.com/images/review_pulpfiction_5.jpg[/img]

dan, he didn't really leave. He would come back in 10 or 15 minutes. He would do this repeatedly. Maybe to cash out his winnings. If he was down he would not leave, probably because he didn't need to cash out.

His timing was so obvious. He would take the exact same LONG time to continuation bet the flop (like 4 seconds) after 3betting preflop. All his actions took the exact same amount of time (even posting the blinds...he refused to autopost which was pretty shady)

I would bet a very large sum of money that he was a bot.

EDIT: Further evidence. I would play my button against him, sit out then go to another table. He kept following me around for a few days before "he" realized what was going on. LOL.

Yes they are in charge, but they aren't the only ones there...

If I worked at a place with corrupt management cheating and stealing from their customers, I would probably try to bring them down from the inside as well. If they hold to their story and don't come clean, I can only imagine that the inside whistleblowers would continue to feed info to the Mystery Machine until the whole story comes out.
Closed Thread