Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics

Old 07-12-2007, 08:58 AM

Default Fat Kids, Food Taxes, and General Perception

Story on Over Weight Kids

Fat Tax in the Future

Sum Up

[ QUOTE ]
Any "fat tax" might be seen as an attack on personal freedom and would weigh more heavily on poorer families, the study warned.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup Yup

[ QUOTE ]
Former Prime Minister Tony Blair has previously rejected the idea as an example of the "nanny state" that might push people away from healthy food.

[/ QUOTE ]

Too Bad the Voice of Reason was not in New York and California

[ QUOTE ]
Youngsters who report teasing, rejection, bullying and other types of abuse because of their weight are two to three times more likely to report suicidal thoughts

[/ QUOTE ]

Now it's ok for a group of kids to mentally and psysically torture some poor kid to the point where he want's to kill himself.

Teachers dont' help, Parents tell you to ignore the bully, The problem get's worse and worse until the poor kid want's to kill himself.

1) Why is this accepted
2) Fat kid can't fight back because it's usually 5 to 1 on word of mouth to what happens (bullys crew) If he fights back he's usually the one who get's in trouble and suspended.
3) Fat kid fights back and wins his family is open to lawsuit by bullys family for bully's replacement teeth.

What's that leave us with just a crappy situation
1) Fat kid see's no way out and commits suicide
2) Fat kid wigs out and shoots a bunch of random people or the bullys

That's a pretty crappy outlook all because parents and teachers cannot control their kids. Maybe it's time to stop time outs and butt slaps and go back to putting kids through walls for tormenting someone else.

[ QUOTE ]
"Perhaps the most surprising source of weight stigma toward youths is parents," the report says.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amazing the parents calling their kids fat while stocking the house with nothing but junk food.

[ QUOTE ]
Teachers did not stand up for me when I was teased," McAfee said.

[/ QUOTE ]

100 % true sometimes they just stand and watch this stuff because they are afraid of getting fired. Well it's bull I say. When I was in school teacher could hit or at least call the prinicpal who would HIT. Have we become such a horrible society that kids can get tortured at school while our educators stand and watch ?????

[ QUOTE ]
"Weight-based discrimination is as important a problem as racial discrimination or discrimination against children with physical disabilities," the report concludes. "Remedying it needs to be taken equally seriously..."

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually disagree with this somewhat. You can't change your skin color or your race or the fact that you were born with no legs.

While you should not be subject to public humiliation and torture at school or work because of your weight. YOu should not be entilted to free seats on a plane or be able to sue a movie theather because the seats are too small.

You can change your bodyweight. Weight Discrimination and Racial discrimination should not be lumped togethor.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:00 AM

Default Re: Fat Kids, Food Taxes, and General Perception

"
100 % true sometimes they just stand and watch this stuff because they are afraid of getting fired. Well it's bull I say. When I was in school teacher could hit or at least call the prinicpal who would HIT. Have we become such a horrible society that kids can get tortured at school while our educators stand and watch ?????"

Yeah, we should let teachers attack people who are forced, by law, to be in their presence.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"
100 % true sometimes they just stand and watch this stuff because they are afraid of getting fired. Well it's bull I say. When I was in school teacher could hit or at least call the prinicpal who would HIT. Have we become such a horrible society that kids can get tortured at school while our educators stand and watch ?????"

Yeah, we should let teachers attack people who are forced, by law, to be in their presence.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you say something ????
Old 07-12-2007, 10:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"

[/ QUOTE ]

No one says they have to go to school. You can home school them in your AC ways so they can grow up and Troll my posts just like their daddy did.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:36 PM

"Did you say something ????"

Yes, I said that it is wrong to have teachers hitting children, especially when the children are forced, by law, to go to school. You may consider it "trolling" to disagree with you but I assure you it's not. Force is not a good way to maintain obedience; it breeds hostility and resentment and of course violence perpetuates itself.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:49 PM

It is also "wrong" to have children hitting other children, since the bullied are also forced to go to school; isn't that right?

I would ask for your solution, but I have a feeling it is going to be something along the lines of "abolish public education".
Old 07-12-2007, 01:52 PM

"It is also "wrong" to have children hitting other children, since the bullied are also forced to go to school; isn't that right? "

Are you claiming that it's not wrong for children to hit other children? As for my 'solution' first, I have to ask, what is the problem? As far I see it, the o.p. just wants teachers to hit children.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Did you say something ????"

Yes, I said that it is wrong to have teachers hitting children, especially when the children are forced, by law, to go to school. You may consider it "trolling" to disagree with you but I assure you it's not. Force is not a good way to maintain obedience; it breeds hostility and resentment and of course violence perpetuates itself.

[/ QUOTE ]

As opposed to kids being abused, beaten, ridiculed and tortured every day of their lives. You AC'ist live in a fantasy world.
The reality is childrens lives are being ruined by scumbag kids that no one will put a stop too over fear of lawsuits or gettin fired.

But no here's you and nielso and crowd when that fat kid goes to the school and shoots 10 people......

"uhhh it's the states fault" "Uhh my kid is forced to go to school so he won't be a bum when he grow up" "uhh you force him to go to school it's not my fault he beats on other kids"

That's pathetic dude really... I mean REALLY

If you put the fear of god into these kids they might not be so apt to abuse other kids.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"It is also "wrong" to have children hitting other children, since the bullied are also forced to go to school; isn't that right? "

Are you claiming that it's not wrong for children to hit other children? As for my 'solution' first, I have to ask, what is the problem? As far I see it, the o.p. just wants teachers to hit children.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that really what you see. Then you are a lot more narrowminded then you appear to be.

1) Better parents raising their kids would be a solution but we know that will never happen as parents get worse and worse in the U.S.

2) Parents keeping their kids away from crummy rap music bad T.V. and movies until they are old enough to understand them.

3) Yes parents hitting their kids once in a while might get through some thick skulls.

4) Teachers and Administrative people in the school punishing the bully by force OR by punishing them in a way that makes them not want to bully. Suspension is like a holiday for the kids and Detention is worthless.

How about making the kid spend his lunch or free periods cleaning the bathrooms or raking leaves or some other menial labor chore that would make him think twice about abusing another child.

These bullies are seriously messed up in the head and need to be stopped.

Honestly I don't think you know what it's like to spend every single day of your life in fear of going to school or walking home wondering who's gonna beat you up today. Or take your lunch money or make you feel like crap.

You just come on 2+2 and spout your AC crap and never offer any solutions to a big problem in the U.S.

No matter what you say or do their will always be public education in the U.S. ALWAYS and until someone puts their damn foot down and get's rid of these dierlects you will have a serious problem with abuse.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Honestly I don't think you know what it's like to spend every single day of your life in fear of going to school or walking home wondering who's gonna beat you up today. Or take your lunch money or make you feel like crap.

You just come on 2+2 and spout your AC crap and never offer any solutions to a big problem in the U.S.

No matter what you say or do their will always be public education in the U.S. ALWAYS

[/ QUOTE ]

Well THAT'S a big problem in the US, and many have offered a solution.

BTW you're walking right into Nielsio's stereotype of statists and warmongers are people who were beat up/abused as kids.