Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 06:46 PM

Default Re: OOT WGA Threads

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Like, I still don't know if the problem was that my post wasn't long enough or that there was already an existing thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

so in other words, no amount of explanation will help, and we are wasting our time talking to you.

[/ QUOTE ]
The PMs from both of you gave the sole reason for the lock that there was already a separate lounge thread without mentioning the content of my post at all. In this thread that argument was abandoned, and Yeti implied (which you quoted) that the problem was lack of information. Yeti, who I agree has at least tried to give legitimate responses here, also admitted that it was likely a questionable call, while you've been adamant that the rules are clear and I'm obviously in the wrong.

Is it really that incredible that I still don't feel that I've received anything concrete? Let's get back to the question that is most important for OOT going forward. Is it appropriate to start threads on topics that currently exist in other forums? Does it matter what category it is (entertainment, current event, favorite _______ )? I was given the impression that this is usually prohibited, but apparently most posters disagree with the policy.

[ QUOTE ]
This thread has no content and no effort by the OP. It contains a link and a question. This was courteously explained by Yeti in his first post in this thread. That should have ended the discussion, but it didn't, because some people will never be satisfied with a polite and sensible response to their inane complaints. They need things spelled out to them repeatedly, and if everything isn't letter perfect, they will continue to piss and moan about it until people stop bothering to respond. That's what OP did here, posting responses that contained a number of questions (such as "why can't i start a thread to find out more? what's so wrong with that?") that are addressed in the OOT rules and more or less weekly on this forum when someone starts a thread like this.

OP is pissing and moaning because he doesn't get to have his own thread about the WGA strike. Not only did he get help with his question (WHICH WAS THE STATED PURPOSE OF HIS POST AND WHICH WAS REPEATED IN THIS THREAD AS WELL), he also got his wish of seeing a post about it in OOT, because someone else actually bothered to follow the OOT sticky and make a post about it that was appropriate for the forum. On top of that, he got a timely and courteous response to his complaint from the mod who locked his thread.

But to some people, this = a horrible injustice. Go on a hunger strike or something.

[/ QUOTE ]
NT, you I think I'm bitter because my name isn't on the front page? Come on. I just want there to be consistent guidelines for what can and cannot be posted. Again, notice how your current line of reasoning is completely different than anything said to me through PM.
Closed Thread