Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 05:14 AM

Default Re: OOT WGA Threads

Dude, I realize it's not a big deal, and I'm not crying about it. This is the [censored] problem; anytime someone makes a complaint, you guys belittle it and attack the OP for "taking the internet too seriously" instead of actually defending your actions. Look at my post above you! I'm just trying to make the forum better, no [censored] it's not going to be a life changing thing.
Old 11-11-2007, 05:20 AM

So just to recap:

You make a thread asking for info on a current event. The thread doesn't follow OOT rules (which you clearly didn't read or don't understand).

Yeti directs you to a place where you can get the information you requested.

You come here to complain about Yeti.

Is this how you usually treat people who do you favors?

You're trying to make the forum better? Oh really? By not reading the rules, complaining when people answer your questions, and then ignoring perfectly reasonable explanations? Thanks for your efforts, you're doing a fantastic job. Yeah, no [censored] we are going to belittle you, because you're making inane complaints and you have no insight into your own actions. And your avatar sucks.
Old 11-11-2007, 05:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you guys belittle it and attack the OP for "taking the internet too seriously" instead of actually defending your actions.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

alex, your thread was more of a 'hey i just heard about this strike? anyone got any info?', and i pointed you to a very informative thread in the lounge.

in the last few days i realised the strike might be a bigger deal than i initially thought. today's thread was well-written and informative. i let it stay.

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds like a reasonable defense to me
Old 11-11-2007, 08:40 AM

heh, how was i trying to wiggle out of it? i basically admitted i may have made a mistake.

btw, i misspoke, i knew quite a lot about the strike, but thought the deadline was this sunday, not last sunday. from what i had read i somewhat anticipated a last minute settlement and that it would all blow over. i was wrong.

oh and do you have any idea how tired the mods get of PM exchanges over pretty insignificant things? and i believe my exact words at the time were 'i'm going to bed now but bring it up with NT if you like'. hardly unreasonable.

but yeah, at the end of the day, DOES THIS REALLY MATTER?
Old 11-11-2007, 09:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Look, I'm not trying to be annoying or a dick, but it's frustrating to see the constant hypocrisy and lack of communication among the OOT mods. It sucks that I now have to wonder whether my previous complaints about NT had anything to do with this decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha yeah i can assure you they didn't, i have absolutely no idea who you are to be honest.
Old 11-11-2007, 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So just to recap:

You make a thread asking for info on a current event. The thread doesn't follow OOT rules (which you clearly didn't read or don't understand).

Yeti directs you to a place where you can get the information you requested.

You come here to complain about Yeti.

Is this how you usually treat people who do you favors?

[/ QUOTE ]
I mean, sure, if you want to spin it that way, that's fine, but to me it looks more like this:

I start a thread about a major pop-culture situation that is likely to be interesting and informative to me and a lot of posters.

It gets locked.

I civilly and rationally try to understand what I did wrong and/or explain why I thought the thread should have stayed.

It takes me PMs to two different mods and an ATF thread littered with sarcasm and patronization before someone admits that it could have possibly been a mistake.

[ QUOTE ]
oh and do you have any idea how tired the mods get of PM exchanges over pretty insignificant things? and i believe my exact words at the time were 'i'm going to bed now but bring it up with NT if you like'. hardly unreasonable.

but yeah, at the end of the day, DOES THIS REALLY MATTER?

[/ QUOTE ]
THIS situation doesn't really matter, but it's the overall way of running things that gets to me. Almost every time someone complains in here, the first response is that they should have PMed a mod first because it's easier to deal with things in private and mods are reasonable and will resolve your issue. NT assured me in this forum a few weeks ago that I was mistaken in belief that there was a communication problem between mods and posters, and that mods do take the time to send and respond to PMs.

What you said wasn't unreasonable, but wouldn't it have been better if instead you said, "i'm going to bed now, but I'll consider what your point and reply tomorrow"? I'm sure you get plenty of dumb protests, but I thought my argument was at least valid enough to deserve a fair response. Like, I still don't know if the problem was that my post wasn't long enough or that there was already an existing thread. Again though, I didn't even bring it up again until I saw the other thread and thought "huh?"
Old 11-11-2007, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
DOES THIS REALLY MATTER?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL
Old 11-11-2007, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Like, I still don't know if the problem was that my post wasn't long enough or that there was already an existing thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

so in other words, no amount of explanation will help, and we are wasting our time talking to you.
Old 11-11-2007, 05:38 PM

The way mod complaints are dealt with in this forum is really bad. If someone feels like they've been treated unfairly, there's no avenue for them to try and talk things out, because the mods for the most part are total douchebags about admitting they might have been wrong.

It's just the way things are. You just have to accept that by and large this is a dictatorship and you're not necessarily entitled to fair treatment. 2p2 has constantly shown that to be the case.
Old 11-11-2007, 05:53 PM

.Alex. is pretty much owning this thread.

I guess if OOT mods apologize and admit they made a mistake the internet blows up.

C'est l'oot.
Closed Thread