Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 11-07-2007, 05:01 AM

Default Another run-in with the cops.

I posted a few weeks ago about my experience with shrooms and cops.

Tonight I got to have another talk with some cops. At about 10:30 my 2 friends(J and Z again) rolled up a few joints and went for a ride. After that, we decided to head back to my room to play some Mario Kart. Everything was going well for a while, although we were being pretty noisy(it was approaching midnight by this time). We quiet down for a while, but we can't control ourselves for long.

Next thing we know, there's a knock at the door. We figure it's more than likely an RA asking us to keep it down. Instead, we are greeted by two campus police officers.

The cop steps into my room, and immediately asks "Are you boys smoking marijuana in here?"

And of course we tell him no, which is the truth. I ask, "Were we being too loud?"

The officer responds, "No, someone said they smelled marijuana. You sure you weren't smoking?"

Again, we all tell him no. I was a little worried that we smelled like weed, considering we had just hotboxed 3 joints an hour or so before this. At this point I tell them, "Well, we cooked up some food, some ravioli and some Ramen...but besides that, we've just been playing videogames all night."

The officers began talking to each other. "Hmm well I smell something. Not sure what, but it's something. You smell anything?"

"Gee I don't know" *sniffing around*

Just going on and on. They ask me who lives there, and I tell them it's just me, and my these are my friends with me.

Then one of them says the words I did not want to hear..."Mind if we take a look around?"

Of course, I do mind. And why wouldn't I? If they start poking around, I'm in a LOT of trouble. Not to mention, I'm trying to play Mario Kart! There's no reason for them to be in my room anyways. GTFO! So I say, "Is there really a reason for that?"

One of the officers responds, "So you're saying we can't look around?"

To this I say, "Is that going to be a problem?"

The cop says, "No, but this is going to be documented. We'll need your ID, both of them."

As this is going on, I see the RA of my floor, and an RA of another floor, just outside of my door. I ask the officer if I may step out to talk to them, which I do. At this point, I trusted my RAs much more than a pair of random cops, and wanted to find out what was going to happen with my refusal to be searched. I ask them what is going on, and they tell me the same thing as the cops, someone reported smelling weed, and that this event would be "documented". As I'm standing out in the hall, it is discovered that the smell is coming from the room next door.

I go back in my room, and give the officer my SS#. He checks up on me, and I guess "documented" the fact that I did not give consent to have my room searched. Then he left us alone, although we were all pretty shaken up.

I then proceeded to get all my crap out of my room ASAP...I feel a lot safer, but I am still pretty upset about the whole situation...I always feel like I come under scrutiny when I am telling the truth or innocent in some way.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:06 AM

Default Re: Another run-in with the cops.

Nicely done. Don't let cops push you around.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:16 AM

lol documents?
Old 11-07-2007, 06:11 AM

all he did was document that you're not a toolbag who voluntarily lets the cops look for a reason to put you in jail. i think this interaction was standard imo.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:15 AM

aaw, you rascals always bothering the campus police...
GJ not letting them in, [censored] 'em
Old 11-07-2007, 06:21 AM

I can't wait until you post a TR that involves jail, community service, probation, fines, etc.

Looks like that will be in your future soon.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:24 AM

Handled well, I'm on the paranoid side and think you might be "redflagged" for a while, at least the RA and cops will remember it, but you outplayed em, good job
Old 11-07-2007, 06:29 AM

Don't let those [censored] suckers push you around.
lol

also great reply "is that going to be a problem"
Old 11-07-2007, 06:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't wait until you post a TR that involves jail, community service, probation, fines, etc.

Looks like that will be in your future soon.

[/ QUOTE ]
My other post, about the shrooms, displayed my stupidity, and it was definitely a situation that I brought upon myself. This, however was unavoidable. You can argue that I shouldn't keep lots of illegal items in my dorm room, which may be true. That's another debate though. But I also NEVER smoke inside my room, and had I been caught tonight, it would have been a product of bad luck. Not exactly in my hands.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Handled well, I'm on the paranoid side and think you might be "redflagged" for a while, at least the RA and cops will remember it, but you outplayed em, good job

[/ QUOTE ]
Thursday morning I move to a new room. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

This incident was "documented" though, so it's not like I can just slip back into a sea of anonymous faces.